Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Tournament Discussion/Updates

Featured Replies

Jay Bilas said that the at large field and the top seeds should be completed before the conference tournaments even start.  Then if a team that is not in the at large field wins a conference tournament, you start bumping teams off the bottom. I agree with him.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Jay Bilas said that the at large field and the top seeds should be completed before the conference tournaments even start.  Then if a team that is not in the at large field wins a conference tournamen

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    I cannot remember a draw for UK that I liked better than this one. 

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    A lot of people are questioning about Kentucky getting a #2 seed and Tennessee getting a #3 seed. Which even through blue colored glasses I understand.? However, I think it was ever worse when you com

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Jay Bilas said that the at large field and the top seeds should be completed before the conference tournaments even start.  Then if a team that is not in the at large field wins a conference tournament, you start bumping teams off the bottom. I agree with him.

Much harder to win a league championship than a tournament.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Jay Bilas said that the at large field and the top seeds should be completed before the conference tournaments even start.  Then if a team that is not in the at large field wins a conference tournament, you start bumping teams off the bottom. I agree with him.

I cant say I disagree with him either. But I love this weekend, so I say leave it alone.

Am I the only one that thinks its bogus to make a school play in the play-in game when its their first time ever in the tournament? 

Referring to Bryant.

How often has a team made the tournament and had their coach fired the week before?

Referring to LSU.

20 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Am I the only one that thinks its bogus to make a school play in the play-in game when its their first time ever in the tournament? 

Referring to Bryant.

They are just happy to be there! The $$$ are the same. The NCAA now refers to that as a first round game.

2 minutes ago, 9068 said:

They are just happy to be there! The $$$ are the same. The NCAA now refers to that as a first round game.

True, I guess it actually gives them a shot at a tournament win, so they can make even more money for their school and conference.

Just feels dirty but maybe that why they do it.

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

True, I guess it actually gives them a shot at a tournament win, so they can make even more money for their school and conference.

Just feels dirty but maybe that why they do it.

SOS, Quad 1 wins etc. all factor in. Why did NKU get UK and U of L?

1 minute ago, 9068 said:

SOS, Quad 1 wins etc. all factor in. Why did NKU get UK and U of L?

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with me thinking they shouldn't force schools with their first ever team in the tourney to play in a play in game since NKU didnt play in the play in games. But maybe you changed my mind about the money.

To answer your question, I thought it was to NKU's benefit to play Kentucky their first year. More exposure in the state and region.

55 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Am I the only one that thinks its bogus to make a school play in the play-in game when its their first time ever in the tournament? 

Referring to Bryant.

They are playing a tournament game. I would rather be in the "play in" game than have the first game be as a 16 seed 

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

I love the draw but as a UK fan I want no part of Purdue.

Same here.  I think they're a bad matchup for UK.  Could be a very good game if we see it.

My instinct is to pick UK to the Final Four, which I don't do very often.  But we have been unimpressive these last three weeks.  Look more like the Notre Dame Kentucky team than the Kansas or Tennessee at Rupp Kentucky team. 

I like the bracket though.  I didn't want Arizona or Kansas as our 1.  

Agreed that Tennessee should not have been lower than us.  But that's happened to us before too when we've won the SEC Tournament.  Committee didn't seem to value conference tournaments as much.

If you take the seed numbers away and just look at the brackets, Tennessee has a very very good draw.

8 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

If you take the seed numbers away and just look at the brackets, Tennessee has a very very good draw.

Totally agree.

30 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

If you take the seed numbers away and just look at the brackets, Tennessee has a very very good draw.

I think the opposite because I see Arizona as the best team in the country.

But...their path to the Elite 8 looks pretty comfortable. 

48 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I think the opposite because I see Arizona as the best team in the country.

But...their path to the Elite 8 looks pretty comfortable. 

In the elite 8 you generally have to play someone good anyway. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.