Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Beechwood

Featured Replies

What does Beechwood need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Keep the large roster depth/numbers advantage that they now enjoy in Class A. Beechwood has always had a history of key players going both ways, and there is nothing wrong with that, but it helps when they don't HAVE to play every down.

 

2. Keep the schedule quality up. I know they will still meet NCC in the final week before the playoffs, and I assume they will still have CovCath. Hopefully, they get NKY 5A/6A teams for the remaining non-district spots with maybe 2A Holy Cross or an Ohio team.

 

3. Utilize the home field turf advantage in the playoffs each year including getting the fans out to the game early and fired up. It might be somewhat a given to go deep in the playoffs but Vistors shouldn't be packing your stadium.

 

4. Work on the offensive balance during the season even if it means losing a non-district game because it will be needed even of it is not until deep in the playoffs.

 

5. Set the tone in district games by asserting dominance from the start.

1. Solidify the freshman program with a quality coach. Who is the freshman coach this upcoming year? They have always had a great freshman program that feeds the varsity. Didnt they have a coach resign midway during the season.

 

2. I agree about the homefield advantage in the playoffs. Traveling hurts and there is nowhere else better to play than at Edgar McNabb.

Do not get bored once district play starts.

 

They will have a very strong qb/rb combo returning.

 

What about their line?

Do not get bored once district play starts.

 

They will have a very strong qb/rb combo returning.

 

What about their line?[/QUOTE]

 

 

LARGE!

 

 

LARGE!

 

I gotta be honest. I think its going to be boring to be a Beechwood fan with the new alignment.

Do not get bored once district play starts.

 

They will have a very strong qb/rb combo returning.

 

What about their line?

 

Actually district play is spaced now as oppossed to what we are used to. In the past you played say 4 non-district first and then your 6 district games.

 

Now it is spaced in like weeks 3, 5, 7, 9 so boredom in consequtive weeks won't be a problem but it might be in indivdual games.

 

The line will be big enough especially for Class A.

Actually district play is spaced now as oppossed to what we are used to. In the past you played say 4 non-district first and then your 6 district games.

 

Now it is spaced in like weeks 3, 5, 7, 9 so boredom in consequtive weeks won't be a problem but it might be in indivdual games.

 

The line will be big enough especially for Class A.

 

Class A, the smallest will be the center, who started last yr, and he will be 5'11" and 240.

  • Author

I have some random thoughts:

 

1. Drop Kettering Alter. I believe Beechwood has done just that. Alter and CCH back to back is just too much and in my opinion it has taken the life out of the Tigers the last two years.

 

2. Make sure the freshman coaching staff is hitting on all cylinders. Also, schedule some freshman games with larger schools if at all possible and play as many games as possible.

 

3. Play ten JV games. Play teams twice if you need to. Set up an agreement with a couple of other schools that you can play as often as needed if someone drops you for a JV game. And if someone drops you for a JV game never schedule them (in varsity) again unless they are a district team and then refuse to play them in JV again scheduling and alternative game in future years.

 

4. Stay the course you were on last year. Injuries happen but the Tigers were doing everything right last year.

 

5. Pass, pass, pass. Beechwood could probably not attempt a pass and beat every Class A team in KY in 2007 but balance is the key to overcoming any obstacles or injuries.

 

6. Large is good up front but overweight is unacceptable. Take a page from some of the elite programs in KY and notice that they rarely have any overweight kids playing, much less several of them.

I like the gurus suggestions. We have some very large linemen coming back and a couple of them have overhangs in the middle. I expect Mainello, who does not have this problem, to be dominant next year on both sides of the ball. I don't think anyone can match Beechwoods backfield of Elliot, Bankemper, Teipel and Drew Davis except possibly Highlands.

I also agree that Beechwood needs to pass the ball to set up the run. Some teams think the pass is a secret weapon known only to a few and thus are very susceptible to it. Sam Diehl did well in No. Ky. , but was devastating in post season play.

I look for Beechwood to be the favorite to pick up another state title.

Good suggestions guru but the problem w/JV games is that many of the teams that Beechwood has to play in V do not have enough kids to play JV. The bigger schools do not want to play Beechwood so they can play the bigger schools which leaves no one for Beechwood to schedule. As for the freshman games, I too would like to see them play some of the bigger schools, I think this could be possible but again, it all boils down to scheduling and sometimes making it impossible to play other schools.

 

Beechwood's line will be in shape and a little over hang doesn't mean they are not in shape. The backfield could be the best in NKY!

I have to agree that it will not be the same with the new alignment. Moving New Cath and Holy Cross to 2A is a great loss. We definately have to keep them on our schedule, though it wont be the same.

 

Dropping Kettering Alter is probably a good idea.

 

It hurt to lose our freshman coach mid season. If next years coach is going to be Coach Procaccino, the Tigers will be fine.

 

I think Coach Rash did a superior job this year and will continue to build on an already great program. The current Junior Class has tons of talent and they will undoubtedly step up..........Can't wait!

Good suggestions guru but the problem w/JV games is that many of the teams that Beechwood has to play in V do not have enough kids to play JV. The bigger schools do not want to play Beechwood so they can play the bigger schools which leaves no one for Beechwood to schedule.

 

Honestly, if you have trouble finding JV games. I would say I could have you a JV game with Raceland in about a day. If your coaches are interested let me know.

Honestly, if you have trouble finding JV games. I would say I could have you a JV game with Raceland in about a day. If your coaches are interested let me know.

 

I don't think this would be a financially sound decision for either school to make this trip for a JV game.

I don't think this would be a financially sound decision for either school to make this trip for a JV game.

 

Just offering

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.