Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFHS Network problems

Featured Replies

 

I'm Glad to have Greenup Beacon (Facebook) and Mytowntv(youube and facebook) and ManitsSportsmedia (facebook and youtube)  doing local games here in NEKY and not having to watch through NFHS. I assume Greenup County High School now wishes they would have signed on with Mytowntv instead of NFHS. Manitssportsmedia Covers West Carter Sports.

Long before NFHS became video, they replaced I-High as the KHSAA broadcast provider of choice.  We we all nearly forced to broadcast via NFHS.  If you did you could broadcast (audio) post-season games for free.  If you didn't utilize NFHS you had to pay a $250 stipend to do each post-season game.  NFHS was also pay-to-listen, with the school and the KHSAA sharing revenue.

When NFHS went video, audio in any form in the post-season became free up to and through the regional tournaments.  We did have to pay a fee to the KHSAA last year to audio broadcast our girls game in the "Sweet Sixteen." 

I am soooo glad that we weren't bullied into joining NFHS by the KHSAA and still to this day, broadcast our audio product via Meridix, and formerly EZStream, which allows you to download archives and distribute to your players at the end of the season.   When the KHSAA discontinued its contract wiht I-High, I-High took all of the archives with them into cyberspace.

 

After Highlands won the Sweet 16 on April 3, 2021 I promptly cancelled my subscription so that they would not charge my credit card monthtly. I've been doing it this way for about the last 5 years, and it's important to cancel out so that you don't get monthy charges, and especially if all you care to watch is the Sweet 16.

Well, this time I cancelled, double checked to make sure that it took, then about 4 months later I noticed when looking closer at my online statement that they had contintued to keep charging me monthly. I filed a complaint with my credit card company and won, and was reimbursed.

Not saying they run a shady operation, but something was terribly wrong with their software to have bumped me back in again without my knowledge. 

 

15 minutes ago, B-Ball-fan said:

After Highlands won the Sweet 16 on April 3, 2021 I promptly cancelled my subscription so that they would not charge my credit card monthtly. I've been doing it this way for about the last 5 years, and it's important to cancel out so that you don't get monthy charges, and especially if all you care to watch is the Sweet 16.

Well, this time I cancelled, double checked to make sure that it took, then about 4 months later I noticed when looking closer at my online statement that they had contintued to keep charging me monthly. I filed a complaint with my credit card company and won, and was reimbursed.

Not saying they run a shady operation, but something was terribly wrong with their software to have bumped me back in again without my knowledge. 

 

Same case with me! I think the way it is set up, you don’t realize they’re going to continue billing you every month. They really aren’t very upfront about this and it leads me to believe it is a bit shady. It’s also a poor quality product. If it were a car it would be a ‘72 Pinto. I’ll never subscribe again. The KHSAA is making a mistake getting in bed with these guys. 

9 hours ago, blue-five-two said:

Same case with me! I think the way it is set up, you don’t realize they’re going to continue billing you every month. They really aren’t very upfront about this and it leads me to believe it is a bit shady. It’s also a poor quality product. If it were a car it would be a ‘72 Pinto. I’ll never subscribe again. The KHSAA is making a mistake getting in bed with these guys. 

Yep, I agree that if you don't read the fine print you don't realize that they'll continue to charge you monthly. In my case I knew, and unclicked the "Monthly charge" box. Double checked to make sure that it took...which it did, and then behind my back they bumped me back in without my knowledge. That there makes me a little nervous about ever subscribing again, and the only thing I use it for is the Sweet 16. 

Folks the poor quality isn't the half of it.

Due to the contracts these schools are signing with NFHS, the local broadcasters who've been covering schools religiously for decades are being locked out.   We can't go into a school and broadcast our video - which is far superior - if the school has an NFHS contract.   

We are allowed to go broadcast audio only, but that cheats the fans.

If we DO want to do video, we have to give the feed to NFHS to broadcast under their banner, and they charge fees (my broadcasts are free) and the broadcast tends to suffer, quality-wise.

Any way you slice it, the fans and kids lose, and the sense of "community" gained by having the local broadcasters do the games is gone.

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

Folks the poor quality isn't the half of it.

Due to the contracts these schools are signing with NFHS, the local broadcasters who've been covering schools religiously for decades are being locked out.   We can't go into a school and broadcast our video - which is far superior - if the school has an NFHS contract.   

We are allowed to go broadcast audio only, but that cheats the fans.

If we DO want to do video, we have to give the feed to NFHS to broadcast under their banner, and they charge fees (my broadcasts are free) and the broadcast tends to suffer, quality-wise.

Any way you slice it, the fans and kids lose, and the sense of "community" gained by having the local broadcasters do the games is gone.

Couldn't agree more Colonel Mike.  I watched  CovCath/Male & Dorman(SC)/NLaurel game and was absolutely appalled by the announcing by former Fairdale coach Gregg Longacre and current AD Ernest Smith.  Their criticizing of officials calls, mechanics, and calling officials by name was as bush league as it gets.  Also, they seemed very disappointed not to get a "UK/UofL" matchup with Shepherd & Glenn and thus were pro Dorman in hopes of getting to see their "Dream Game."  Will turn down the volume today.

Games started at 3 today, its currently 3:14 and they are showing a shoot around in the auxiliary gym!

"We" are forgetting that high school sports is LOCAL (community-based).    It's not all about making money for people in other states....    So happy that my local schools and my region have not embraced NFHS....

It is good quality 2 out of every 10 games. 

Among other issues the NFHS is a classic case of shared responsibility and no accountability. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.