IHOP in Newport

PP1

So I took a 1/2 day in the morning to go to an appointment. I figured I'd stop at IHOP for a late breakfast and then just skip lunch. I had the pot of coffee and the syrup right next to each other. Both of these devices have a black handle. I just grabbed the coffee and poured it on my pancakes instead of the syrup. I did this twice before I realized it. Meaning I thought to myself "Syrup is a little thin this morning" and then continued to pour it. It tasted ok. I feel a little stupid though. Luckily my wife was not with me and she is not a member of bluegrasspreps.com.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how long that iHop will continue to be open.  It only has a few people inside when my wife and I go there.  They also seem to have a lack of help (like a lot of places this days).  Good value, especially if you order off the $5 menu.  I go for the ham and cheese omelet with pancakes for $5.  But, I've always been someone who falls for breakfast at dinner.

Just now, nkypete said:

I wonder how long that iHop will continue to be open.  It only has a few people inside when my wife and I go there.  They also seem to have a lack of help (like a lot of places this days).  Good value, especially if you order off the $5 menu.  I go for the ham and cheese omelet with pancakes for $5.  But, I've always been someone who falls for breakfast at dinner.

Two things popped in my head when I read this, and in this order. 

1. You're spot on. I've never seen many people there. 

2. Have I ever been in a busy iHop? I don't think I have. 

15 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Two things popped in my head when I read this, and in this order. 

1. You're spot on. I've never seen many people there. 

2. Have I ever been in a busy iHop? I don't think I have. 

The iHop in Florence is way busier than the one in Newport.

6 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Waffle House > IHOP 

Unfortunately, what I witnessed at a NKY Waffle House while waiting for my food will keep me away for LIFE.

And the last IHOP I visited, was not a gastronomical success.

(Both before Covid was ever thought of)

4 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

Unfortunately, what I witnessed at a NKY Waffle House while waiting for my food will keep me away for LIFE.

And the last IHOP I visited, was not a gastronomical success.

(Both before Covid was ever thought of)

My God man, what did you witness?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I hope it wasn’t my 92 year old 3/4 deaf  dad.  Every time I take him out for lunch, he loudly points out the fat people and yells “look at what she is eating, no wonder she is so fat.”

I am a good tipper.

Play along (kindly). We all end up missing those days eventually.