Lexington Catholic vs Boyle County Predictions/Updates

Who wins?   

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lexington Catholic
    • Boyle County

This poll is closed to new votes

Welcome to the playoff edition of the Boyle Lex Cath rivalry. The regular season meeting proved to be much closer than many expected with Boyle escaping with a 16-10 win over the Knights. Both teams were able to move the ball up and down the field but struggled to finish drives due to penalties or turnovers. The team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win this one. This also features the #1 and #2 teams in the 4A RPI rating meaning the winner will have home field advantage for the reminder of the playoffs and the easiest remaining path to Kroger field. The last two meetings between these schools have resulted in a one score victory by Boyle, can Catholic get over the hump and knock off the Rebels this go around? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 9068 said:

How many playoff games have these two played over the years? Always a battle but I think BC is stronger this year.

This is the 14th playoff meeting between the two teams. The team that has won the regular season game has also won the playoff game each time. Boyle leads the playoff series 8-5. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WestDanville said:

This is the 14th playoff meeting between the two teams. The team that has won the regular season game has also won the playoff game each time. Boyle leads the playoff series 8-5. 

Sure seems like a lot more than that.  99 and 00 where battles as these where the top 2 teams in 2A those years while in the same district.  

• Like 1

Per the KHSAA scoreboard dating back to 1998. I do not recall a playoff matchup before then but I could be mistaken. 

1998: LC 28 BC 13 

1999: BC 21 LC 17 

2000: BC 18 LC 16

2007: LC 41 BC 12 

2008: BC 23 LC 16 

2009: BC 34 LC 20 

2010: BC 45 LC 35 

2011: LC 10 BC 7

2012: LC 27 BC 16

2014: LC 40 BC 35 

2017: BC 57 LC 15 

2019: BC 54 LC 7

2020: BC 49 LC 41 

• Like 1

98 was the only one I've missed as I was striping tobacco and listening on the radio.  If I remember correctly that game was played at Georgetown because it rain cats and dogs that week.  That was before LC had turf.  

2 minutes ago, Rebel said:

98 was the only one I've missed as I was striping tobacco and listening on the radio.  If I remember correctly that game was played at Georgetown because it rain cats and dogs that week.  That was before LC had turf.  

Correct. It was played at Georgetown College. 

I hate that I'm going to miss this game, but can't be in two places at once.  Signed up for the Cades Cove 10 mile loop lope run almost a year ago in the Great Smoky Mountains.  I will be watching on my phone.  

Can I get a...........B18F2DF4-2F6E-4172-B7D1-8214952EFBE7.thumb.jpeg.5e339decde6fba493af99a6de0f63f80.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

I hate that I'm going to miss this game, but can't be in two places at once.  Signed up for the Cades Cove 10 mile loop lope run almost a year ago in the Great Smoky Mountains.  I will be watching on my phone.  

Can I get a...........B18F2DF4-2F6E-4172-B7D1-8214952EFBE7.thumb.jpeg.5e339decde6fba493af99a6de0f63f80.jpeg

Who Ya With!

• Like 1