Can Dayton pull its 2nd Upset next week?

Bac2369

Can Dayton Beat Newport Central Catholic?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Can Dayton Beat Newport Central Catholic?

Dayton just beat Ludlow 20-7. Ludlow won the previous meeting 49-6. They have Newport Central Catholic next week who they played very tough but lost 23-6. So if Dayton can over come that outcome, then why not be able to do it again. So Can Dayton do It one more time?

• Bac2369 changed the title to Can Dayton pull its 2nd Upset next week?
8 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

Dayton just beat Ludlow 20-7. Ludlow won the previous meeting 49-6. They have Newport Central Catholic next week who they played very tough but lost 23-6. So if Dayton can over come that outcome, then why not be able to do it again. So Can Dayton do It one more time?

Unfortunately for the Greenies.... NOPE.

Not to discredit Dayton, NewCath is more discipline.  Dayton will need to be discipline, not allow themselves to fall apart if NewCath jumps out to a quick lead. NewCath will need to play their normal style of play and not let up if they jump out to a quick lead.  Basically leave no doors open for the other for opportunities. 

Credit to Dayton I was at the game they played way harder and with energy this time around. But the Panthers shot themselves clear in the foot, 3 interceptions and 3 fumbles if I’m not mistaken! I don’t expect NC to make the same mistakes, it will be another double digit win.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

New Cath's first round score versus Bellevue says it is certainly possible for Dayton to pull the big upset.

I'm thinking that NewCath was playing their JV in the second half against Bellevue. But as they say, Any given Sunday!  Well this case Friday. Lol

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:58 AM, Voice of Reason said:

New Cath's first round score versus Bellevue says it is certainly possible for Dayton to pull the big upset.

New Cath was up 36 0 then went with wholesale changes.  Bellevue did all things against JV and freshman.  Would not read too much into that score.  Could have easily been a 60 0 win.  Sorry didn't see previous answer.  All things considered Dayton cannot win this game in my opinion.  But didn't expect them to beat Ludlow either.