Hazard High School Homecoming "Man Pageant"

Tigerpride94

Students and parents are defending him which is just beyond me.  He’s had numerous incidents like this.  2 years ago he got (and still is) being sued for not properly supervising a school trip to NYC where a student said she was sexually assaulted.  10 years ago he got in trouble for driving around his daughter and her friends while they were smoking and drinking in the car. 

The fact that this happened at Hazard shows the entire culture of the school is accepting of things like this.  Almost proud of it for posting it on Facebook.  It doesn’t sound like the superintendent is going to do anything about it.  At some point EPSB or KBE needs to step in and suspended his principal certificate.  I’ve seen many posts about the principal being a great guy.  But that doesn’t matter.   The point is he should not be in the position to be a leader in education.    

Press release

The release that the superintendent sent out is unbelievable.  They said they were “investigating” but that didn’t even last a whole day.  It basically blames everything on the students because it is “student-led”.  It doesn’t hold any of the adults accountable and says “it was a tradition” and “we have always done it” and “it was just good-natured fun taken out of context”.  

10 hours ago, brooksville said:

Press release

The release that the superintendent sent out is unbelievable.  They said they were “investigating” but that didn’t even last a whole day.  It basically blames everything on the students because it is “student-led”.  It doesn’t hold any of the adults accountable and says “it was a tradition” and “we have always done it” and “it was just good-natured fun taken out of context”.  

In that case, maybe the firings start there. KDE, KBE, etc need to be involved.

The only people that would try to justify this are people that would participate in something similar. 

At no point in my childhood or high school years did I consider grinding on my male teachers half naked and think of it as just having fun, like most I'd assume. 

• Like 1

A headline from TheBlaze today:

"Principal who got 'Man Pageant' lap dances from HS students also was touched, rubbed by male student during raunchy 'Like a Virgin' routine in 2020 video"

Additionally TheBlaze is giving credit to Nate Bryan for breaking this story/video, good job Nate!

There is also another credit to the Courier Journal in the article:

The Courier-Journal made note of still another Hazard High video from several years ago showing a male student dressed in a bra, shorts, and wig grinding on two other male students sitting in chairs in the middle of the gym, while a fourth student throws a wad of what looks like cash into the air.

==================

This is a worthwhile article to check out and it has some links in it you can visit:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/video-principal-man-pageant-lap-dances-like-a-virgin-routine?