Cincinnati 27 Navy 20

Walter

59 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The unfortunate thing is people look at UC struggling differently. They look for any excuse to question UC.  

Exactly.

This is why I’m so excited for the expanded playoffs. Currently, a team like UC needs to not only win every game, but apparently cover the spread also.

It was an ugly win, but still a win. They shouldn’t be penalized anymore than any of the other big boys who have had close ones this season. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Walter said:

As long as they're in the top 4 when it matters, I could care less where they're ranked. 

That’s beginning to become the problem if UC is #4 but #5 and #6 would be -14 vs. UC, will they hold number #4?  UC is 14-21 points better than everyone left on their schedule, but they have to live up to it.

35 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

That’s beginning to become the problem if UC is #4 but #5 and #6 would be -14 vs. UC, will they hold number #4?  UC is 14-21 points better than everyone left on their schedule, but they have to live up to it.

If UC drops to 4, they probably have no chance at getting in. I’m not sure they have much of a chance at 3.

I’m hoping they stay at 2 next week to give them a little wiggle room.

I was talking to a friend about this game and college football in general.  Teams like UC are exhibit A of why I would like to see a 16 team playoff.  If we had one, they would get in for sure, their weak sister schedule wouldn't matter, and they would have to beat four top teams in a row to win the championship which makes it legit by any standard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

I don't think #5 or #6 would beat UC by 14 or be favored by 14. That's a stretch,IMO. See Georgia in the Peach Bowl as a perfect example that this team can play with and beat anyone. 

The results of this game is only an issue if it becomes an every week thing like we've seen with Oklahoma.

And the schedule they have is fine.  

From ESPN:

Cincinnati is the sixth-best team in the country, per the Football Power Index, and has a 54% chance to win out -- better than any other undefeated team. If it does that, the Bearcats are projected to rank fourth in strength of record -- that's the big one.

43 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

If UC drops to 4, they probably have no chance at getting in. I’m not sure they have much of a chance at 3.

This is where I’m at, they cannot fall to #4 or they will likely get leaped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBWC41 said:

Agreed. If UC is 4 they won’t get in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

I agree. I think they are safe for #3, guess we will see.

As long as Bama doesn’t upset Georgia in the SEC championship, I think they’d be ok at 3.

At #2, they controlled their own destiny for the most part. At #3, they’re at the mercy of a lot of other good programs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MBWC41 said:

As long as Bama doesn’t upset Georgia in the SEC championship, I think they’d be ok at 3.

At #2, they controlled their own destiny for the most part. At #3, they’re at the mercy of a lot of other good programs. 

That sounds right to me.  OSU needs to beat IU decisively tonight.  OSU also gets a crack at 2 top 15 teams potentially in Michigan State and the other Michigan.  If they run the table OSU will have major recency bias on their side.  Oklahoma will likely finally get beat, UC is competing with Bama and whoever the B10 winner is.  UC has no margin for anymore close games in my opinion.