Cincinnati 27 Navy 20

Walter

Ugly game by the Bearcats on both sides of the ball. Figured it was coming eventually.... Just glad it happened the same week Oklahoma struggled with Kansas and Penn State struggled with Illinois.

Navy scored with 50 seconds left then recovered the onside kick to make the final 48 seconds interesting. Arquon Bush INT with 25 seconds left secured the UC win.

Going to have to clean some things up moving forward. That didn't look like the #2 team in the country. 

7-0 with a trip to Tulane up next.

Screenshot_20211023-153227~2.png

Screenshot_20211023-153203~2.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Navy is 1-6, UC might be a double digit dog to anyone other than Oklahoma amongst the playoff teams.  This one is frustrating.

It's one week... This stuff happens. Let's not ignore the other 6 weeks where they've won by double digits.

Ohio St struggled with Tulsa.

Oklahoma struggled with Kansas and Tulane.

Iowa lost to Purdue.

Penn State is in OT with Illinois.

Georgia is the only team that has dominated all 7 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

It's one week... This stuff happens.

Iowa lost to Purdue.

UC was a 28 point favorite, they need decisive wins.  A big win over an overrated ND team isn’t an automatic bid.  The talking heads are gonna pile on this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walter said:

It's one week... This stuff happens.

Iowa lost to Purdue.

The unfortunate thing is people look at UC struggling differently. They look for any excuse to question UC.  

Just now, John Anthony said:

UC was a 28 point favorite, they need decisive wins.  A big win over an overrated ND team isn’t an automatic bid.  The talking heads are gonna pile on this week.

They were already knocking UC before this one. UC cannot afford to struggle. Fair or not, that is just the way it is.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

They were already knocking UC before this one. UC cannot afford to struggle. Fair or not, that is just the way it is.

I’m not picking on UC, I don’t think any playoff team should be within one score of a 1-6 Navy team, or really any 1-6 team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

Rough one for the Bearcats today, At worst, Oklahoma may jump them in the AP. I doubt anything else happens. UC probably wants to win convincingly the rest of the way, maybe with exception to SMU.

At least they were able to finally pull away. Oklahoma didn’t exactly inspire confidence against a 1-5 Kansas team. And that game was highly in doubt with only a few minutes left to play. Cincinnati will stay #2. Navy is a weird team to play against. Especially there. You never practice against the option, because only a couple of schools even run it anymore. 

21 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

I’m not picking on UC, I don’t think any playoff team should be within one score of a 1-6 Navy team, or really any 1-6 team.

It is what it is... Blow out Tulane next week and the talking heads will be back on the Bearcat bandwagon. 

5 minutes ago, HoopJunkie said:

At least they were able to finally pull away. Oklahoma didn’t exactly inspire confidence against a 1-5 Kansas team. And that game was highly in doubt with only a few minutes left to play. Cincinnati will stay #2. Navy is a weird team to play against. Especially there. You never practice against the option, because only a couple of schools even run it anymore. 

Navy has been that way with several for a long time. I’m just saying that UC doesn’t have the luxury of being able to play mediocre with all the critics against them, especially against someone they are favored highly against. It should be the same for Norte Dame and others wining winning with a lot of mediocrity but it is what it is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theguru said:

This game should cause UC to tumble two or three places, at least. 

Bama blows out Tennessee tonight and UC will fall to 3... I don't see Oklahoma jumping them and they're not moving Ohio State past both Oklahoma and UC for beating a depleted Indiana team. 

I think tomorrow's rankings will be

1. Georgia

2. Bama

3. Cincinnati

4. Ohio State

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

Bama blows out Tennessee tonight and UC will fall to 3... I don't see Oklahoma jumping them and they're not moving Ohio State past both Oklahoma and UC for beating a depleted Indiana team. 

I think tomorrow's rankings will be

1. Georgia

2. Bama

3. Cincinnati

4. Ohio State

I will take any of those other three teams over Cincy.