Highlands 35 Cooper 7

theguru

Just now, Bird Bath said:

The Birds offense came alive!   Nice young combos played well.  Defense did there thing!  I was not impressed with the Jags they did not look good tonight.  

The Jags looked a little lethargic all night. 

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Jags looked a little lethargic all night. 

I agree I expect a better showing if they meet in playoffs.  Great job Kissee, A George King sighting tonight and great game Jackson Higgason with a linebacker down.  Birds should be healthy after bye week.  

• Like 1

I have said from the beginning that this HHS team will be young. It has some nice leadership components, but the sophomore and junior classes are where the cake is iced. 

I pushed/hoped this week for Charlie Noon to play RB/WR but also DB. I cannot stress enough how impactful Charlie can be on the defensive side of the ball. Come across a game changing WR? I would put Chuck on him man to man and let things happen. He is also incredibly physical in the run game. IMO HHS is better with him NOT at QB. 

I will admit that I did not expect Cam Bottom to be the guy tonight but i am happy to see him do well; he is a great young man and a hard worker. 

Davis Hinegardner is the closest solution to the loss of Jake Welch as we have. His speed is special. Jet sweeps, WR screens, etc. going to him would benefit this offense. 

Benke is so criminally underutilized it hurts. 

Unfortunately, HHS still drastically needs to find a way to improve the run game. OL is really struggling getting a push and there is not a true RB that I have seen take carries. Really with Cam Giesler was able to play. 

Defensively the Birds are becoming more physical. Good to see.

I will be honest by saying I expected Cooper to line up and out physical HHS. I truly question Coach Borchers game plan/team motivation as they showed up very flat. I would anticipate a very different game if these two teams play again during the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Good win by Highlands. They came out playing hard and Cooper didn’t seem to match that energy tonight. Cooper has overcame a lot of the injuries they have had this year and still kept winning. However, tonight the injuries up front seemed to hurt Cooper. Not having their starting center at all tonight, and then losing their left tackle in the 1st quarter seemed to hurt as Highlands was able to get in the backfield a lot tonight. Then offensively many big plays  by Highlands.

It was a great win by Highlands, and should be a fun rematch between these two teams in possibly the first or second round. 

I believe Highlands will face Cov Cath in round 1, right? 

Maybe not. Three way tie at 2-2 between Cooper, Conner and Highlands. Tiebreaker time. Is RPI the tiebreaker now?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Maybe not. Three way tie at 2-2 between Cooper, Conner and Highlands. Tiebreaker time. Is RPI the tiebreaker now?

Yes the RPI is the tiebreaker. Most likely it will be Highlands vs CovCath in first round. Highlands currently after tonight is still barely behind Conner in the RPI. Highlands is on a bye next week, so as long as Conner wins their game best week. Then I assume Conner will stay ahead of Highlands in the RPI. 

So the first round looks to be a possibility of:

#1 Covcath vs. #4 Highlands 

#2 Cooper vs. #3 Conner. 

As mentioned Highlands still could possibly flip flop with Conner as their RPI rating is so close. 

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

On a 3 way tie, yes that is the word on the street.

Prior to the game tonight the RPI on KHSAA Scoreboard was the following for these 3:

COOPER = .56144

CONNER = .51917

HIGHLANDS = .51727

Like they said in the broadcast I can only assume Highlands RPI will leapfrog Conner's but maybe not go high enough to over take Cooper.....it's going to be close.

5 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Prior to the game tonight the RPI on KHSAA Scoreboard was the following for these 3:

COOPER = .56144

CONNER = .51917

HIGHLANDS = .51727

Like they said in the broadcast I can only assume Highlands RPI will leapfrog Conner's but maybe not go high enough to over take Cooper.....it's going to be close.

That is not correct. The rankings you just posted were the numbers after tonight’s game results,  not before. Cooper was at .59 before tonight. Highlands was at .49 before tonight’s Win, and Conner was at .53 before their lost tonight.   The results tonight did close the gap between Highlands and Conner. However, Conner is still ahead currently at this point based on the results of the games after the last RPI update tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

COOPER = .56144

CONNER = .51917

HIGHLANDS = .51727

Well I just read the small print on KHSAA Scoreboard saying that if the scores have been entered than the RPI might be already adjusted so the above RPI #s might be real time.  If thats the case you are correct @futurecoach it might be 1. Cov Cath 2. Cooper 3. Conner 4. Highlands

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

That is not correct. The rankings you just posted were the numbers after tonight’s game results,  not before. Highlands was at .49 before tonight’s Win, and Conner was at .53 before their lost tonight.   The results tonight did close the gap between Highlands and Conner. However, Conner is still ahead currently at this point based on the results of the games after the last RPI update tonight.

So the only chance Highlands has to get out of the 4th spot is if George Rogers Clark some how upsets Conner on Friday.....correct?

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Well I just read the small print on KHSAA Scoreboard saying that if the scores have been entered than the RPI might be already adjusted so the above RPI #s might be real time.  If thats the case you are correct @futurecoach it might be 1. Cov Cath 2. Cooper 3. Conner 4. Highlands

At the very top it says when it was last updated. When I checked before it was updated at 10 tonight and now was just updated again at 11 with more of tonight’s results. Conner is still slightly ahead. So assuming Conner wins next week, Conner then most likely stays ahead of Highlands.