The way too early Lexington Christian Academy vs. Beechwood Fantasy Thread

theguru

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lexington Christian Academy
    • Beechwood

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Assuming this game happens, who do you think will win and why?

I am going to go with the best player on the field and say Beechwood.

What say you?

There is a good argument about who the best player on the field would be. Xavier Brown for LCA versus Cam Hergott for Beechwood. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

There is a good argument about who the best player on the field would be. Xavier Brown for LCA versus Cam Hergott for Beechwood. 

Who do you think would be the best player on the field, Hergott or Brown?

1 minute ago, theguru said:

The fact that he plays QB gives Hergott more opportunities to impact the game.

I will add this, Hergott is clearly a better runner this year than he was last year. He looks faster and his cuts are eye popping. He is averaging 11 yards per carry rushing the ball. 

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

The fact that he plays QB gives Hergott more opportunities to impact the game.

I will add this, Hergott is clearly a better runner this year than he was last year. He looks faster and his cuts are eye popping. He is averaging 11 yards per carry rushing the ball. 

I agree Hergott looks much, much better running the ball this year.  My concern with Hergott/Beechwood is I don't think the Beechwood passing attack is near what it should be and if a team can stop Hergott from running the ball then they probably win the game. 

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

It's hard to point who is a better player between these two for various reasons.

Cam, being a QB, has the ball in his hands and is making decisions for his team about 80% of the time (just a guess, not sure exact percentage.)  By all means, Mr. KY winner is far more valuable his his team than Mr. Brown.

Xavier is an incredible athlete.  The Virginia commit is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.  The down side for him is that he has to share the ball with the likes of Moore and Nieves.  His touches are limited, yet precise. LCA will put Xavier all over the field to find mismatches and expose them.

In conclusion, I'll say Hergott is more important to Beechwood than Brown is to LCA.  Not sure I can say who is a better player.  Although Brown is rated 9th best prospect in the state per 247Sports and Hergott is not listed in the top 24 players ranked.  There are 5 QBs listed on the list but Wimsatt is now a college player.  

• Thanks 1

I know this might sound crazy, but I think LCA wins by 2Tds. LCA got too many weapons this year. Mason Moore is a kid I love to watch play. And, let's not forget they added two big time transfers this summer in Javontae Emerson and Jeremiah Riffle. Both are difference makers. Xavier Brown will be the best player on the field, no disrespect to Cam. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FB Head said:

It's hard to point who is a better player between these two for various reasons.

Cam, being a QB, has the ball in his hands and is making decisions for his team about 80% of the time (just a guess, not sure exact percentage.)  By all means, Mr. KY winner is far more valuable his his team than Mr. Brown.

Xavier is an incredible athlete.  The Virginia commit is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.  The down side for him is that he has to share the ball with the likes of Moore and Nieves.  His touches are limited, yet precise. LCA will put Xavier all over the field to find mismatches and expose them.

In conclusion, I'll say Hergott is more important to Beechwood than Brown is to LCA.  Not sure I can say who is a better player.  Although Brown is rated 9th best prospect in the state per 247Sports and Hergott is not listed in the top 24 players ranked.  There are 5 QBs listed on the list but Wimsatt is now a college player.  

I missed that, so according to 247Sports Cam Hergott is not one of the top 24 players in Kentucky?

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I agree Hergott looks much, much better running the ball this year.  My concern with Hergott/Beechwood is I don't think the Beechwood passing attack is near what it should be and if a team can stop Hergott from running the ball then they probably win the game. 

Here are your passing game numbers. Statistically, Hergott has 15 TD passes against 1 INT. He is #2 in the entire state all classes in accuracy completing 73.5% of his passes. He is in the top 20 in yards. 

Consider these stats against two top notch opponents. Versus Dixie, Hergott was 13/14 passing for 207 yards and 2 TD's. Against Covington Catholic, that game took a strange turn toward both teams running the ball, but Hergott was 5/5 passing.

Go back to the game before that against 6A Simon Kenton, Hergott 13/14 for 274 yards.

So in three games versus 2 6A schools and 5A CCH, Hergott was 31/33 for over 500 yards. 

Mitchell Berger and Parker Mason are averaging over 20 yards per catch. There are 5 other receivers with TD receptions. A lot of weapons available.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

I missed that, so according to 247Sports Cam Hergott is not one of the top 24 players in Kentucky?

Neither 247 sports nor rivals has accurate recruiting info listed on Hergott. Rivals still has him listed as class of 2021. 247 sports has Hergott's 40 time as 5.18 seconds. Enough said.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Neither 247 sports nor rivals has accurate recruiting info listed on Hergott. Rivals still has him listed as class of 2021. 247 sports has Hergott's 40 time as 5.18 seconds. Enough said.

Thanks, garbage...

I'm taking LCA by 7-10. 

Hergott might be the single most impactful player on the field and the catalyst for everything Beechwood does. He's got a great supporting cast, but if you minimize his effectiveness (easier said than done), in what other ways can the Tigers hurt you? We have yet to see that scenario play out to provide an answer.

LCA has more to work with. If you scheme to minimize Xavier Brown, who accounts for Drew Nieves and Mason Moore? Or Jeremiah Riffle, especially if he's on the field together with Brown? So many options for Coach Charles to choose from. I think he gets his first title this year.

• Like 3