theguru

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lexington Christian Academy
    • Beechwood

8 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

I'm taking LCA by 7-10. 

Hergott might be the single most impactful player on the field and the catalyst for everything Beechwood does. He's got a great supporting cast, but if you minimize his effectiveness (easier said than done), in what other ways can the Tigers hurt you? We have yet to see that scenario play out to provide an answer.

LCA has more to work with. If you scheme to minimize Xavier Brown, who accounts for Drew Nieves and Mason Moore? Or Jeremiah Riffle, especially if he's on the field together with Brown? So many options for Coach Charles to choose from. I think he gets his first title this year.

I believe Beechwood actually has more offensive weapons than LCA. LCA has Mason Moore; Beechwood counters with Mitchell Berger. LCA Jeremiah Riffle = Beechwood Avery Courtney. From there, clear advantage Beechwood. Beechwood WR Parker Mason has 328 yards receiving averaging 23.4 yards per catch, one of the highest in 2A. Beechwood has 4 other receivers with TD catches and two of those (Brady Moore, Brett Holladay) have over 100 yards receiving. Beechwood has 6 legit productive WR's in their offensive rotation. 

• Like 1