Danville cancels

rocksdad

13 minutes ago, Rebel said:

With the way the administration has handled things recently, I'm not surprised.

That was my immediate thought, if I want to know how not to do something I am picking up the phone and calling Danville and asking them what they would do.

• Haha 2

And I hear it was a freshman lineman that don't even get any playing time. Danville is burning a lot of bridges if you ask me. Another thing is I was told the whole Danville team was at the Boyle County vs Pulaski County game but cancelled against Boyle because they were supposed to be in quarantine.  

57 minutes ago, FBWCPresident said:

It’s a forfeit though, correct?

Since Mercer found a replacement game, I don't think so.  If Mercer had not found a replacement, they would've gotten a forfeit win.

These missed games can't be helping Danville's athletic budget, especially missing out on the revenue of the Boyle game the last couple of years.

8 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

It's still a Loss because they had to forfeit. They are now 2-2

When the history books are written, I'm curious if these forfeits will hold up. I think as much as anything for this season they are administrative devices for the KHSAA. I suspect when we look back at 2021 for a lot of teams, the KHSAA will say they were 5-5, but they'll reference themselves more like 3-3.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

When the history books are written, I'm curious if these forfeits will hold up. I think as much as anything for this season they are administrative devices for the KHSAA. I suspect when we look back at 2021 for a lot of teams, the KHSAA will say they were 5-5, but they'll reference themselves more like 3-3.

I think its also seen as a deterrent for teams (Coaches) to drop games they may see as losses.  However, some coaches may rather have a forfeit as opposed to a butt kicking!!