Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville cancels

Featured Replies

Danvile cancels game with Mercer via tweet on the day before their game. Pretty bush league if you ask me.

With the way the administration has handled things recently, I'm not surprised.

13 minutes ago, Rebel said:

With the way the administration has handled things recently, I'm not surprised.

That was my immediate thought, if I want to know how not to do something I am picking up the phone and calling Danville and asking them what they would do.

And I hear it was a freshman lineman that don't even get any playing time. Danville is burning a lot of bridges if you ask me. Another thing is I was told the whole Danville team was at the Boyle County vs Pulaski County game but cancelled against Boyle because they were supposed to be in quarantine.  

There were several Danville and Lincoln players at the Boyle Pulaski game but it wasn't nearly the entire team of each.  Still.......

17 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

There were several Danville and Lincoln players at the Boyle Pulaski game but it wasn't nearly the entire team of each.  Still.......

The kid that supposedly had Covid was there. That's enough! 

5 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

The kid that supposedly had Covid was there. That's enough! 

OMG another one of the millions and millions and millions and millions of carriers. 

I’m hearing Mercer picked up Louisville Western. 

If they are the underdog they cancel!!! Good way to have a winning record!

3 minutes ago, FBWCPresident said:

It’s a forfeit though, correct?

Welcome to BGP @FBWCPresident!

57 minutes ago, FBWCPresident said:

It’s a forfeit though, correct?

Since Mercer found a replacement game, I don't think so.  If Mercer had not found a replacement, they would've gotten a forfeit win.

These missed games can't be helping Danville's athletic budget, especially missing out on the revenue of the Boyle game the last couple of years.

2 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

If they are the underdog they cancel!!! Good way to have a winning record!

It's still a Loss because they had to forfeit. They are now 2-2

8 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

It's still a Loss because they had to forfeit. They are now 2-2

When the history books are written, I'm curious if these forfeits will hold up. I think as much as anything for this season they are administrative devices for the KHSAA. I suspect when we look back at 2021 for a lot of teams, the KHSAA will say they were 5-5, but they'll reference themselves more like 3-3.

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

When the history books are written, I'm curious if these forfeits will hold up. I think as much as anything for this season they are administrative devices for the KHSAA. I suspect when we look back at 2021 for a lot of teams, the KHSAA will say they were 5-5, but they'll reference themselves more like 3-3.

I think its also seen as a deterrent for teams (Coaches) to drop games they may see as losses.  However, some coaches may rather have a forfeit as opposed to a butt kicking!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.