Georgia 10 Clemson 3

16thBBall Fan

8 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final. Georgia totally dominated the line of scrimmage tonight with 8 sacks. Great game to watch especially to begin the season.

I watched the whole game, it was intense.

The Bulldogs scored on a pick six, the game was pretty even but I thought the better team won.

It is so nice to have college football back with no strings attached. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Clemson is eliminated, strong Georgia D again, crazy the 10 five star guys on Georgia’s offense couldn’t score a point.

They'll be 12-1 with an ACC title game win when the final 4 is decided. They are going to hammer most of those teams by 21 or more each week. Unless 4 others go undefeated they will probably still get in. A 1 loss Clemson will get in over a 1 loss Oklahoma, in my opinion. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Clemson is eliminated, strong Georgia D again, crazy the 10 five star guys on Georgia’s offense couldn’t score a point.

I hope you’re right that Clemson definitely won’t be in. However, they just lost to the number 5 team in the nation. If they win out they still have a good shot to make it. However, at least now they have no room for a slip up. 

13 hours ago, theguru said:

I watched the whole game, it was intense.

The Bulldogs scored on a pick six, the game was pretty even but I thought the better team won.

It is so nice to have college football back with no strings attached. 

Guru were you surprised by the large crowds at most sites in lieu of the recent Covid surge? 

1 minute ago, 9068 said:

Guru were you surprised by the large crowds at most sites in lieu of the recent Covid surge? 

No, "we" gave up a long time ago and the majority of people are moving on down the road. 

With that said, it was refreshing to see the big crowds and for a few fleeting seconds I found myself reflecting about COVID/Crowds/OMG and was reminded once again we have moved on. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They'll be 12-1 with an ACC title game win when the final 4 is decided. They are going to hammer most of those teams by 21 or more each week. Unless 4 others go undefeated they will probably still get in. A 1 loss Clemson will get in over a 1 loss Oklahoma, in my opinion. 

No offensive line, no running game, I guess if the committee wants them to get stomped again in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

No offensive line, no running game, I guess if the committee wants them to get stomped again in the playoffs.

It is a long season and they have a really good defense.  I wouldn't count them out yet.

• Like 1

Just now, John Anthony said:

Someone in the ACC should be able to get them, even if the league is still down.  2 yards total rushing last night and gave up 7 sacks.  

Makes for an interesting football season and I do hope a couple of other someones get them. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Someone in the ACC should be able to get them, even if the league is still down.  2 yards total rushing last night and gave up 7 sacks.  

Once upon a time a team called Ohio State lost their second game of the season to a  very average team called Virginia Tech by a score of 35 to 21. That Virginia Tech team ended up going just 6 and 6 on the season. As you know very well OSU after that game never lost again that year and won the title. 

No one ever would have thought that team would bounce back to win it all after that. Especially with their third team QB. So way to early to count Clemson out after losing to the number 5 team in the country. They have no room for error now though and must win out. 

• Like 2