1. Male vs. Floyd Central (IN)

2. St. Xavier at 5A #3 Owensboro 

3. Trinity vs. Carmel (IN)

4. Manual vs. 4A #5 Central

5. Bryan Station vs. 5A #1 Frederick Douglass 

6. Dixie Heights at 2A Lloyd Memorial 

7. Ballard at 4A #8 Hopkinsville

8. North Hardin vs. 5A #2 South Warren (8/21) at Western Kentucky University 

9. McCracken County vs. 3A Paducah Tilghman (8/21)

10. Ryle vs. 4A #6 Lexington Catholic

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

This will get sorted out quick at the top with the Big 3 all playing each other in September.

Yes. To me, the bigger question is if there is room for another club in the Big 3 this season? Can Manual or Ballard move in? Is there a Lexington, Northern Kentucky, or Western Kentucky club that is better than normal? There's a lot of excitement below the triumvirate of H, X, and T in Class 6A this year.

3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Yes. To me, the bigger question is if there is room for another club in the Big 3 this season? Can Manual or Ballard move in? Is there a Lexington, Northern Kentucky, or Western Kentucky club that is better than normal? There's a lot of excitement below the triumvirate of H, X, and T in Class 6A this year.

T is actually the team in the "Big 3" with the most questions to start the year. Male is the favorite, IMO, by quite a bit and X is supposed to be improved. Ballard ALWAYS has the athletes to compete, but seem to stay in their own way. Maybe this year will be different?

Is Trinity down enough to give someone outside of Louisville a chance? 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

T is actually the team in the "Big 3" with the most questions to start the year. Male is the favorite, IMO, by quite a bit and X is supposed to be improved. Ballard ALWAYS has the athletes to compete, but seem to stay in their own way. Maybe this year will be different?

Is Trinity down enough to give someone outside of Louisville a chance? 

I would be extremely surprised if anyone outside of X and Male can even play with the Rocks. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would be extremely surprised if anyone outside of X and Male can even play with the Rocks. 

They only have two games against KY schools that aren't Male and X... Those games are Ballard and Eastern. The Ballard game isn't until October 8th, and Eastern will get smoked as usual. 

I'd imagine any early issues the Rocks have will be worked out by playoff time. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheDeuce said:

They only have two games against KY schools that aren't Male and X... Those games are Ballard and Eastern. The Ballard game isn't until October 8th, and Eastern will get smoked as usual. 

I'd imagine any early issues the Rocks have will be worked out by playoff time. 

I agree and other than Male I think most Kentucky teams will have a lot of trouble consistently moving the ball against Trinity. 

Agree with the idea about the Big 3; we'll find out where everyone is early in the season. Trinity will be good because it's Trinity; there are players there. I think the important thing with Trinity will be mentally. They have a tough schedule, and they're young. That usually doesn't add up to winning the same way they have the last couple of years. If they can stay together through a physical schedule, there's no reason not to believe they won't be a top contender for a state championship. 

Male is the preseason "King of the Class" and rightfully so. They've got some "dudes" roaming the field. I'm ready to see this St. X team play another team to get a better feel of what they have. 

Manual could the "surprise". They have the talent to complete with Male, St. X, and Trinity. If they can get a bit more production out of the passing game, they can cause some havoc.