Top position groups in State

26 minutes ago, PurplesFan said:

Bowling Green Purples D-line would (should) rival any D-line in the bluegrass this upcoming season. 

I agree with this, that was my first thought when seeing the topic.

I'm going to put on my green & gold tinted glasses and say St. X LB corps is one of best in the State. I'll take Jaxon Panariello, Eli Monks, Brandon Shaffner, and Ben Marks and hopefully they stay healthy. I'm I also like the defensive ends with Micah Carter and Teddy Meiers. 

• Like 2

You could go a couple of ways with LCA, depending on how they utilize Xavier Brown. When he's taking handoffs from QB Drew Nieves, they're one of the top backfields in the state. When he's split out wide or in the slot, he and Mason Moore give the Eagles one of the top pass catching duos in the bluegrass. It all revolves around Brown's versatility. 

35 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I'm going to put on my green & gold tinted glasses and say St. X LB corps is one of best in the State. I'll take Jaxon Panariello, Eli Monks, Brandon Shaffner, and Ben Marks and hopefully they stay healthy. I'm I also like the defensive ends with Micah Carter and Teddy Meiers. 

That entire front-7 is in the conversation for best in the state.

I really like X's receivers too. Gotta get Duddy more involved in the offense, though. 

5 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

That entire front-7 is in the conversation for best in the state.

I really like X's receivers too. Gotta get Duddy more involved in the offense, though. 

I agree. Duddy scored the only touchdown in spring game.

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

You could go a couple of ways with LCA, depending on how they utilize Xavier Brown. When he's taking handoffs from QB Drew Nieves, they're one of the top backfields in the state. When he's split out wide or in the slot, he and Mason Moore give the Eagles one of the top pass catching duos in the bluegrass. It all revolves around Brown's versatility. 

Exactly! Very versatile LCA team.  Good units at DB, QB, RB, WR, special teams, etc. Brown is so versatile! 

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

How does Trinity, the best team in the state, not occupy one of these spots?

They lost too much to graduation to be in consideration for "best (insert position here)" right now. Last season they might have been the best in the state at o-line, d-line, and linebacker. The secondary and offensive backfield were really good too. 

Just too many question marks for them entering the season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

How does Trinity, the best team in the state, not occupy one of these spots?

Too many unknowns right now. Who knows who will be starting other than Armon Tucker at RB, Woodruff at C, Monsour at OL, Zabel at LB/DE & Wooten at DB on Defense. Watch out for Soph. Brady McEnany on defense. He will be a stud. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tigers88 said:

Too many unknowns right now. Who knows who will be starting other than Armon Tucker at RB, Woodruff at C, Monsour at OL, Zabel at LB/DE & Wooten at DB on Defense. Watch out for Soph. Brady McEnany on defense. He will be a stud. 

My son played KY future stars with Brady & also basketball with him with 502 elite.  Brady will be a player; no doubt.

• Like 1