Reds vs. Phillies (5/31 - 6/2)

Not going to let the ball drop here. I feel some good mojo coming the Reds way.

Cincinnati home for an uber-short 3 game home stand against the Phillies.

Wade Miley on the bump for the good guys this afternoon. Shogo given the start in left, as Winker gets a day off. 

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Reds vs. Phillies (5/31 - 6/2)

Even Sadek is running out of superlatives.

Is Free Pizza a bigger deal than a Win???  🙂

Have the Reds turned anyone away this season???  If not, what's the big deal about a "Re-Opening Day" other than another marketing ploy to sell tikets.

Sad!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mustang said:

Even Sadek is running out of superlatives.

Is Free Pizza a bigger deal than a Win???  🙂

Have the Reds turned anyone away this season???  If not, what's the big deal about a "Re-Opening Day" other than another marketing ploy to sell tikets.

Sad!!!

Even the $5 tickets are for the nosebleed sections.   With it being a 12:35 start after a holiday and the weather being crummy, I'll be shocked if it's full.

9 hours ago, The Raven said:

Even the $5 tickets are for the nosebleed sections.   With it being a 12:35 start after a holiday and the weather being crummy, I'll be shocked if it's full.

I hope they have a full stadium very soon and the lines for concessions stands are the longest anyone has ever seen and people rip them to shreds on social media for how long it took to get a beer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I hope they have a full stadium very soon and the lines for concessions stands are the longest anyone has ever seen and people rip them to shreds on social media for how long it took to get a beer.

So, now that the Covid restrictions have been lifted, and in attending baseball game parlance, things have returned to "normal.", they still have no intentions of bringing back the beer vendors???

Doesn't make sense. 

9 minutes ago, Mustang said:

So, now that the Covid restrictions have been lifted, and in attending baseball game parlance, things have returned to "normal.", they still have no intentions of bringing back the beer vendors???

Doesn't make sense. 

Could that be because of staffing? Not sure people understand how hard it is to fill jobs these days.

• Like 1

@Mustang and @bugatti I can't figure out how to double quote, so I'll just reply to both of you this way.

There is not currently a vending department.  Our Vending Manager was hired back in other capacities, thankfully, but currently we have no Vending Manager at this time either.  There has been no communication to our vendors since the announcement of restrictions being lifted and the announcement of full capacity at GABP.  We've been left completely high and dry so far.

It definitely isn't because of lack of staffing, at least for vendors.  That might be the case for other areas of the ballpark, but beer vendors are ready and willing to work, itching to work even and in some cases, desperately wanting to work.

Since GABP went cashless, I believe that Delaware North didn't properly prepare by finding a Point of Sale system for vendors to use or they just don't want to make the investment at this time.  Which doesn't make a ton of sense to me because Atlanta (and other ballparks) use Delaware North and they have vending with credit card readers, so they are able to work.  I'm assuming someone in a suit felt that ROI wasn't good enough for purchasing them at GABP, as they were in Atlanta.

Usually our Vending Manager is great at communicating, to the point where he is overly transparent but so far it is been total crickets and it doesn't make much sense to me, unless his superiors told him not to contact us, or he isn't communicating because that is not currently his role.  Something doesn't seem right.  Either way, its rather frustrating for myself, but even more frustrating for guys I know that absolutely rely on that job.

We have a union but our union steward is worthless and so is the union we are a part of.  Not a word from them since the beginning of the pandemic outbreak.  They are a total joke.

I've thought long and hard about trying to gather a couple of my fellow vendors, throw on our vending uniforms, take some signs and stand right outside the front gates to cause a bit of a stir on the fact that we aren't allowed to work.  I have a feeling that would get some immediate media attention.  Just don't know if I want that massive target on my back, if and when we do work again.

So only hope is it takes random Joe about 45 minutes to get one beer and he misses a good chunk of the game and he becomes extremely vocal about it to the Reds, along with 1000s of his friends.  Combine that with Bob Castellini wondering why FC Cincinnati has beer vendors but he doesn't in his venue (I'll be working FC on June 19th, which will be my first vending since the first week of March 2020). I don't know if its because of the Reds or Delaware North that we aren't working but it is 100% not a staffing issue.

Just doesn't make a ton of sense no matter what theories I try to come up with.

44 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

@Mustang and @bugatti I can't figure out how to double quote, so I'll just reply to both of you this way.

There is not currently a vending department.  Our Vending Manager was hired back in other capacities, thankfully, but currently we have no Vending Manager at this time either.  There has been no communication to our vendors since the announcement of restrictions being lifted and the announcement of full capacity at GABP.  We've been left completely high and dry so far.

It definitely isn't because of lack of staffing, at least for vendors.  That might be the case for other areas of the ballpark, but beer vendors are ready and willing to work, itching to work even and in some cases, desperately wanting to work.

Since GABP went cashless, I believe that Delaware North didn't properly prepare by finding a Point of Sale system for vendors to use or they just don't want to make the investment at this time.  Which doesn't make a ton of sense to me because Atlanta (and other ballparks) use Delaware North and they have vending with credit card readers, so they are able to work.  I'm assuming someone in a suit felt that ROI wasn't good enough for purchasing them at GABP, as they were in Atlanta.

Usually our Vending Manager is great at communicating, to the point where he is overly transparent but so far it is been total crickets and it doesn't make much sense to me, unless his superiors told him not to contact us, or he isn't communicating because that is not currently his role.  Something doesn't seem right.  Either way, its rather frustrating for myself, but even more frustrating for guys I know that absolutely rely on that job.

We have a union but our union steward is worthless and so is the union we are a part of.  Not a word from them since the beginning of the pandemic outbreak.  They are a total joke.

I've thought long and hard about trying to gather a couple of my fellow vendors, throw on our vending uniforms, take some signs and stand right outside the front gates to cause a bit of a stir on the fact that we aren't allowed to work.  I have a feeling that would get some immediate media attention.  Just don't know if I want that massive target on my back, if and when we do work again.

So only hope is it takes random Joe about 45 minutes to get one beer and he misses a good chunk of the game and he becomes extremely vocal about it to the Reds, along with 1000s of his friends.  Combine that with Bob Castellini wondering why FC Cincinnati has beer vendors but he doesn't in his venue (I'll be working FC on June 19th, which will be my first vending since the first week of March 2020). I don't know if its because of the Reds or Delaware North that we aren't working but it is 100% not a staffing issue.

Just doesn't make a ton of sense no matter what theories I try to come up with.

Use the + button (right next to quote) to add each post you want to quote.

I missed that on no cash, that will keep me from attending a game.  Or at least from buying anything inside the stadium if I do go.  I always use cash when I go out and if cash is not acceptable I don't patronize the business.

Is it the same at PBS?  Anyone?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

Use the + button (right next to quote) to add each post you want to quote.

I missed that on no cash, that will keep me from attending a game.  Or at least from buying anything inside the stadium if I do go.  I always use cash when I go out and if cash is not acceptable I don't patronize the business.

Is it the same at PBS?  Anyone?

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, GABP is 100% cashless at this time.  Wouldn't shock me if they never went back, but who knows.  They may have installed a bunch of those reverse ATM machines, where you can put money in and they basically give you a gift card.  I am not sure.

As far as PBS, I haven't heard.  However, UC Football sounds like they will remain cash and the company I work for their is Aramark, which is the same company that handles the Bengals.  So there is hope it will remain a cash venue.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, GABP is 100% cashless at this time.  Wouldn't shock me if they never went back, but who knows.  They may have installed a bunch of those reverse ATM machines, where you can put money in and they basically give you a gift card.  I am not sure.

As far as PBS, I haven't heard.  However, UC Football sounds like they will remain cash and the company I work for their is Aramark, which is the same company that handles the Bengals.  So there is hope it will remain a cash venue.

Thanks for all the info and of course.

And feel free to practice in this thread on quoting multiple posts.

• Haha 1