School Board decisions on participating in Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP)

On 5/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, Tkinslow said:

I would venture a guess that every one of those schools with approved beside their name has at least one varsity football player coming back.

Hopkins County Schools has approved the SSYP but Hopkinsville does not have any varsity football players coming back.

23 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Hopkins County Schools has approved the SSYP but Hopkinsville does not have any varsity football players coming back.

Hopkinsville is part of the Christian County School district.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Hopkinsville is not in Hopkins Co it’s in Christian Co.

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Right right. Yeesh, brain fart on my end there. But yes, Christian County approved the SSYP and Hoptown does not have any football players taking advantage.

10 hours ago, The Flea Market said:

I was told HOPTOWN has two and Christian has zero?

I checked...it looks like my info was a little off. Hoptown does not have any senior football players taking advantage.

Even though Russell opted out, some kids who wanted a do over will be able to get their request granted.

May 25, 2021The Russell Independent Board of Education, upon the recommendation of Superintendent Horne, opted out of participation in the Supplemental School Year Program. The District will establish building level teams to determine whether or not a student should be retained. If you have decided that your student could benefit from an additional year of school please contact the building principal. This school year has been extremely difficult and we plan to work closely with our parents to make the best decision for our students. If you have questions or concerns please contact the principal of your student’s school or the Superintendent’s Office.

The above was from the district.