Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville - 2021 Schedule

Featured Replies

Aug 20 vs. Paintsville
Aug 28 vs. Bourbon County
Sep 3  - OPEN
Sep 10 - OPEN
Sep 17 at Belfry
Sep 24 at Lexington Christian Academy
Oct 1 at Madison Central
Oct 8 vs. Sayre
Oct 15 vs. Phelps
Oct 22 at Hazard
Oct 29 vs. Castlewood (VA)


Pikeville1.thumb.jpg.3464ee054873211fd8637c02e14de78e.jpg

I can see them going 10-0, I do worry about the Madison Central game after playing LCA. I’m also looking forward to seeing that week three game, that will tell us a lot about Paintsville. 

56 minutes ago, Coach2002 said:

I can see them going 10-0, I do worry about the Madison Central game after playing LCA. I’m also looking forward to seeing that week three game, that will tell us a lot about Paintsville. 

Winning at Belfry?

2 hours ago, Coach2002 said:

I can see them going 10-0, I do worry about the Madison Central game after playing LCA. I’m also looking forward to seeing that week three game, that will tell us a lot about Paintsville. 

Pikeville is gonna be tough this year.   Great coach!    Madison Central will be much improved , coaching change to Mike Holcomb will change that program up. 

The toughest game on their schedule will be at LCA. If Pikeville goes undefeated against that schedule, when you have back to back road games against Belfry and LCA, then the rest of 1A should be very afraid.

Why is Pikeville playing Evangel? Seems like a mismatch in the making?

15 hours ago, colonel-fan said:

Why is Pikeville playing Evangel? Seems like a mismatch in the making?

Pikeville’s success mixed with geography makes scheduling difficult. Not a lot of eastern Kentucky small schools can compete with them and not a lot of eastern Kentucky big schools want to lose to a 1A school. They always have to chase games. Evangel appears to want to become big time based on their scheduling and for a 1A school looking to grow, there’s not much more “big time” than Pikeville. 

20 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Pikeville’s success mixed with geography makes scheduling difficult. Not a lot of eastern Kentucky small schools can compete with them and not a lot of eastern Kentucky big schools want to lose to a 1A school. They always have to chase games. Evangel appears to want to become big time based on their scheduling and for a 1A school looking to grow, there’s not much more “big time” than Pikeville. 

My question was rhetorical. Just hard to see this game as anything other than a mismatch that neither team gets anything from. But I guess a mismatch is better than being idle.

Have they picked up another game because I only see 9 on the schedule above.

  • Author
On 5/28/2021 at 7:28 AM, Tkinslow said:

Have they picked up another game because I only see 9 on the schedule above.

Home game against Castlewood (VA).

  • Author

Per the David & Darryl Sports Network, Bourbon County is in quarantine and will not be playing at Pikeville on Saturday.

Both Pikeville's AD and Coach McNamee have tweeted that they're yet to hear the news from Bourbon County, but I'm assuming it's accurate since Bourbon County head coach David Jones is the "David" in the David & Darryl Sports Network.

With that game wiped from the schedule, that means Pikeville is possibly looking at no games between their Aug 20 season opener against Paintsville and their Sep 17 game against Belfry.

They should call David Clark at Bardstown and come down to play us next week. Marion County cannot play. We had a nifty ballgame up at their place Week 1 year before last.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

They should call David Clark at Bardstown and come down to play us next week. Marion County cannot play. We had a nifty ballgame up at their place Week 1 year before last.

I'm assuming Pikeville is trying to get someone to come to them since they have bowl sponsorship lined up for the Pike County Bowl.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.