Open Job: Newport

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

I am hearing it is Brian Weinrich.

That'll be interesting.

At the point in time that Highlands canned Weinrich, Behymer told me that Weinrich was barely on speaking terms with him. As of right now, Behymer is the defensive coordinator at NHS.

If Weinrich is really headed to Newport I guess we'll see if those two can make nice, or if Behymer heads up Memorial Parkway to inquire about job coaching running backs that recently came open. Or maybe he'll surprise us all and head over to his brother-in-law's alma mater and see what the Colonels are up to.

2 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

That'll be interesting.

At the point in time that Highlands canned Weinrich, Behymer told me that Weinrich was barely on speaking terms with him. As of right now, Behymer is the defensive coordinator at NHS.

If Weinrich is really headed to Newport I guess we'll see if those two can make nice, or if Behymer heads up Memorial Parkway to inquire about job coaching running backs that recently came open. Or maybe he'll surprise us all and head over to his brother-in-law's alma mater and see what the Colonels are up to.

Behymer & Weinrich talk constantly.  

2 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

I am hearing it is Brian Weinrich.

Noway. Really? Can't see him giving up a sure thing and ride some Coat tails in Ft Mitchell for a couple of years. At least his Red shoes would work at Newport too. Just don't see it. But who knows. There's always a possibility. There are multiple Ex Highlands guys on Staff already and maybe with the addition of Weinrich and Deaton they can get some things righted.

32 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Makes sense to me. Weinrich was a STRONG addition to the Beechwood coaching staff, but I definitely felt like that was only a temporary move.

Following in Mike Murphy's footsteps.

I agree. The move made complete sense at the time and Beechwood got a lot better with him as DC but I feel like Weinrich probably wants a shot at redeeming himself after all that happened at HHS. I hope it works out for him; great guy just was time move on from HHS. 

If it is Weinrich, then there would be A LOT of HHS connected guys on that staff. Weinrich (coach and player), Umberg (former coach), Behymer (former coach and player), Ryan Hahn (former player), Ryan Ball (former player), and then if Deaton goes there (former coach and player). 

My first order of business if I am Weinrich is relieving Behymer of his duties, however. 

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

I agree. The move made complete sense at the time and Beechwood got a lot better with him as DC but I feel like Weinrich probably wants a shot at redeeming himself after all that happened at HHS. I hope it works out for him; great guy just was time move on from HHS. 

If it is Weinrich, then there would be A LOT of HHS connected guys on that staff. Weinrich (coach and player), Umberg (former coach), Behymer (former coach and player), Ryan Hahn (former player), Ryan Ball (former player), and then if Deaton goes there (former coach and player). 

My first order of business if I am Weinrich is relieving Behymer of his duties, however. 

Actually I think Behymer would Quit. Weinrich is not relieving any Coach. He couldn't muster it up at Highlands, he's not doing it at Newport. Just my Opinion. Maybe Weinrich can get the Band back together and hire Shelby Jones back for Special Teams.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Actually I think Behymer would Quit. Weinrich is not relieving any Coach. He couldn't muster it up at Highlands, he's not doing it at Newport. Just my Opinion. Maybe Weinrich can get the Band back together and hire Shelby Jones back for Special Teams.

You seem to have a personal issue with Weinrich.  
I think being at HHS since 1995 is the opposite of “can’t muster it up at Highlands”.