Jump to content
Colonels_Wear_Blue

Graves County - 2021 Schedule

Recommended Posts

Aug 20 at Mayfield
Aug 27 vs. Paducah Tilghman
Sep 3 vs. McCracken County
Sep 10 at Bullitt East
Sep 17 at Grayson County (District)
Sep 24 vs. Breckinridge County (District)
Oct 1 vs. Ohio County (District)
Oct 8 - BYE
Oct 15 vs. Owensboro (District)
Oct 22 at Muhlenburg County (District)
Oct 29 at Marshall County


2081519824_GravesCounty.thumb.jpg.28d6e9642aee931099637019a6228c4c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good non-district games for Graves. They will be tested in the first four games.  Long haul in week 4 👀

They will compete in their respective district where the Devils reign supreme!

Good luck to the Eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

I struggle to find a win in the first 3 week.

Long trip to Mt. Washington in week 4 won’t be a cake walk.  Looking forward to it & a lot of respect to Graves Co. for making the trip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

I struggle to find a win in the first 3 week.

If I had to pick a win for Graves from those three, I'd say PT is the most likely. Tilghman was young last year and we need to see how they mesh with the new coach. McKee and an experienced defense (six of top seven tacklers return) might be enough to earn Graves a win over a Tilghman program in transition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hearing Graves will have some hold backs, that could change the dynamics of this team if true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

If I had to pick a win for Graves from those three, I'd say PT is the most likely. Tilghman was young last year and we need to see how they mesh with the new coach. McKee and an experienced defense (six of top seven tacklers return) might be enough to earn Graves a win over a Tilghman program in transition.

I would say that’s the one the could get, but I definitely wouldn’t call them a favorite in that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the holdbacks @snakesnot_2000 come about, that game on October 15th really intrigues me.  Owensboro at Graves could be a really fun game to watch.  Yes, Owensboro "should" still win, but you never know.  BG game is not that good that week, maybe get an extra tank of gas or 3 and go watch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

I struggle to find a win in the first 3 week.

Seems like this is said every year about Graves but they always win a game or two that they aren't supposed to.  They always play Mayfield, PT, and McCracken in the 1st couple weeks of the season and it helps come district time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Seems like this is said every year about Graves but they always win a game or two that they aren't supposed to.  They always play Mayfield, PT, and McCracken in the 1st couple weeks of the season and it helps come district time.

They beat PT last year, but the two previous years they were 0-3 vs PT, McCracken, and Mayfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

They beat PT last year, but the two previous years they were 0-3 vs PT, McCracken, and Mayfield. 

Those years they also opened with Murray who was picked to beat them almost every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm not saying that 0-3 isn't a possibility because on paper most people would pick Mayfield, PT, and McCracken over Graves but I am saying that Graves seems to get very little respect in far West KY and always seems to pull off a much better season than expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Now I'm not saying that 0-3 isn't a possibility because on paper most people would pick Mayfield, PT, and McCracken over Graves but I am saying that Graves seems to get very little respect in far West KY and always seems to pull off a much better season than expected.

Graves is a good program, they will win a few games they're not supposed too and will lose a game or so they're not supposed too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add a few comments about Graves County and winning games they're not supposed to. Just look back a few years ago when they beat Bowling Green 7-0 at BG when everyone thought BG was a shoo in for the State title. One of the all time great upsets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Just to add a few comments about Graves County and winning games they're not supposed to. Just look back a few years ago when they beat Bowling Green 7-0 at BG when everyone thought BG was a shoo in for the State title. One of the all time great upsets.

What year was that? I remember the game because it wasn’t easily the upset of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.