Graves County - 2021 Schedule

On 4/23/2021 at 4:27 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

Just to add a few comments about Graves County and winning games they're not supposed to. Just look back a few years ago when they beat Bowling Green 7-0 at BG when everyone thought BG was a shoo in for the State title. One of the all time great upsets.

Did you have to bring that game up?  😢

One of my all time disappointing games.  But Graves was awesome that night and deserved to win.

Cody Crider was an all-state RB, but IMO he was every bit as good as a LB and proved it that night with 12 tackles himself.  Play of the game IMO was Graves QB Dillon Reed (who did not throw an INT) found WR Joey Marshall on a crossing pattern and took the ball from about the Graves 40 down to about the BG 20 on about 3rd and 10 and Crider pounded it in from there.  But that field position flip was really the only one of the game and gave Graves the field position to score.

Graves with some guys back could surprise some people.    

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

One of my all time disappointing games.  But Graves was awesome that night and deserved to win.

Cody Crider was an all-state RB, but IMO he was every bit as good as a LB and proved it that night with 12 tackles himself.  Play of the game IMO was Graves QB Dillon Reed (who did not throw an INT) found WR Joey Marshall on a crossing pattern and took the ball from about the Graves 40 down to about the BG 20 on about 3rd and 10 and Crider pounded it in from there.  But that field position flip was really the only one of the game and gave Graves the field position to score.

I remember this game and the run Graves put on in 2014.  They lost the state finals to Pulaski Co 14-7, I think.

And you are right @Purple88 Crider was a beast!  He went on to play at Southern Illinois and was a solid LB there.  He was second team Missouri Valley his senior year being under sized at 5' 11".

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Cody Crider was a great player.

There is a shot some players return, but from what I am hearing it is just a handful. However, I am hearing some very important names in the handful, who COULD be back. Again this is just what I am hearing, which could mean nothing. 

Graves will be very skilled this year, as almost every skilled position is coming back. Of course our highly underrated QB Brown was a senior. For selfish reasons, I hope he comes back! Maybe he would finally get the respect he deserves from local media, but that of course is a family decision. Graves is losing some other key players like Richards and the O-Line, but I think they have confidence in guys coming up. The upcoming Freshman and Sophomore classes I have heard are very talented and can fill some holes this year. 

• 4 weeks later...