Barnhart and the Cursed Checkerboards

Tomcats1990

16 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is Matt Jones online, on the radio, ??

He is MR. KSR Kentucky Sports Radio they are on everyday from 10am-12. Have KSBAR and Grill too in Lexington a awesome place if your a KY fan to go eat and watch the games. He should pay me some money for plugging his stuff for him.

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

He is MR. KSR Kentucky Sports Radio they are on everyday from 10am-12. Have KSBAR and Grill too in Lexington a awesome place if your a KY fan to go eat and watch the games. He should pay me some money for plugging his stuff for him.

On what every day? What radio station? Or online somewhere? I don't think KSR is on a radio channel that can be heard in N. Ky. 

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

On what every day? What radio station? Or online somewhere? I don't think KSR is on a radio channel that can be heard in N. Ky. 

Might not be they are on iHeartRadio and on a ton of KY radio stations they also have a pod cast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never understood the hatred of the checkerboard unis. 

My complaint is the new stickers on the Rupp Floor that aren't laid out the same on both sides of half court. One nearly touches the 3 point line while the other one is two feet away from the 3 point line. One nearly touches the sideline while the other is close to two feet from the sideline. One is a foot or less from the mid court line and the other one is probably 5 feet away.

Plus, the design is horrible. It looks like they were made using "MS Word."

FB_IMG_1611461244358.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/11/2021 at 1:18 PM, Tomcats1990 said:

He is obsessed with the checkerboards so much so KY has had the same uniforms for 6 seasons.Usually they get new designed uniforms every couple of seasons.  Since we have worn those uniforms we haven’t made a Final 4 and had 2 terrible loses in Elite 8 games along with this season being the worst in the history of the school. According to Jones KY will get new threads after next season. Can ditch them soon enough.

06CDEA09-66E1-4D79-896C-79A6C4B8D097.jpeg

Never was a fan of the design.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:18 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

I never understood the hatred of the checkerboard unis. 

My complaint is the new stickers on the Rupp Floor that aren't laid out the same on both sides of half court. One nearly touches the 3 point line while the other one is two feet away from the 3 point line. One nearly touches the sideline while the other is close to two feet from the sideline. One is a foot or less from the mid court line and the other one is probably 5 feet away.

Plus, the design is horrible. It looks like they were made using "MS Word."

FB_IMG_1611461244358.jpg

Yeah that’s awful. However, I believe I heard they are replacing the floor or paint next year after all the construction at Rupp Arena is finished. So while those blue blocks are hideous I think it’s just a one year thing...I hope. 

• Like 2

The funny thing about the checkerboards is that I didn’t initially understand they were meant to represent horse racing, Secretariat in particular. To me, they were derivative of Tennessee, and I’ve never shaken that. So I really wouldn’t be sorry for them to disappear.  

• Like 1