Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barnhart and the Cursed Checkerboards

Featured Replies

39 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

The funny thing about the checkerboards is that I didn’t initially understand they were meant to represent horse racing, Secretariat in particular. To me, they were derivative of Tennessee, and I’ve never shaken that. So I really wouldn’t be sorry for them to disappear.  

I always thought it was odd. When it was first announced they were going with the checkerboards to honor horse racing, my initial reaction was, "Why?" I get it is synonymous with the state, but so is bourbon, fried chicken, and Mammoth Cave.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2021 at 4:25 PM, bugatti said:

I always thought it was odd. When it was first announced they were going with the checkerboards to honor horse racing, my initial reaction was, "Why?" I get it is synonymous with the state, but so is bourbon, fried chicken, and Mammoth Cave.

Maybe we could dip the jerseys in red wax?  

  • Author

The Worst season in School History. New uniforms can’t come soon enough.

  • Author

Arched Kentucky classic look bro g back these.

2DA00AD8-633B-4CD9-B785-940572EC82D7.png

  • Author

KY Women’s uniforms still have checkerboards but look so much better then the Men’s. Checkerboards are so pronounced. 

7E605A26-5E14-4639-8F1B-EBB53E790FD7.png

Watching the documentary on the 78 team there were either cheerleaders or dance team shown in checkerboard dresses. I've saw pictures of the football field with checkerboard endzones back in the 30's. Tennessee didn't do it until 64.

So the checkerboard aren't entirely new, they have been around off and on for decades.

On 3/16/2021 at 6:36 PM, Tomcats1990 said:

Arched Kentucky classic look bro g back these.

2DA00AD8-633B-4CD9-B785-940572EC82D7.png

Best uniforms in the history of UK basketball IMO. If I remember correctly the entire SEC or at least the Nike schools in the SEC all had this same type of jersey for the last part of the season and the SEC Tournament. But it’s a great look. 

On 3/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, GrantNKY said:

Best uniforms in the history of UK basketball IMO. If I remember correctly the entire SEC or at least the Nike schools in the SEC all had this same type of jersey for the last part of the season and the SEC Tournament. But it’s a great look. 

2DA00AD8-633B-4CD9-B785-940572EC82D7.png

Clean, classic.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:36 PM, Tomcats1990 said:

Arched Kentucky classic look bro g back these.

2DA00AD8-633B-4CD9-B785-940572EC82D7.png

Look at the size of Rondo's hand. He looks like he's holding a women's basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.