Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 82 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

Just now, Tomcats1990 said:

CAL is average at best with Xs and Os and when he doesn’t have the most talent on the floor it shows. Tenn lived in the paint that last 12 minutes. You have gotta zone some to try and stop that constant penetration.

From one of the two main Cal worshipers and apologists on BGP:

His anti-zone mentality frustrates me at times.

Holy smokes, how many negative things have I said about Cal tonight, must be the craft beers.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brooks finished with 23 & 11.  He looks like our best player. 

Askew had 14 points, 5 rebounds, & 4 assists.  Just two turnovers. 

Got nothing at all from guards other than Askew.

Just now, Randy Parker said:

Brooks finished with 23 & 11.  He looks like our best player. 

Askew had 14 points, 5 rebounds, & 4 assists.  Just two turnovers. 

Got nothing at all from guards other than Askew.

Askew played really well in the first 30 mins. Very under control, maybe the best he looked.

I really hope Brooks stays here. I feel like he could keep improving and be like a PJ Washington in his sophomore year.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

His anti-zone mentality frustrates me at times.

Agreed.  Even to just mix up your defense from time to time.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Askew played really well in the first 30 mins. Very under control, maybe the best he looked.

I really hope Brooks stays here. I feel like he could keep improving and be like a PJ Washington in his sophomore year.

Would love for Brooks to be a junior. 

Kentucky may end up having more players leave then they have Wins.

UK is having an off year, which means I’m enjoying it.  But I do have a serious question for my many Wildcat-supporting friends.   

Why are so many so worried about next year?  Worried that so many of these guys will be gone?   Can next year’s incoming freshman/transfer possibly perform as poorly as this group?   

Just now, mcpapa said:

UK is having an off year, which means I’m enjoying it.  But I do have a serious question for my many Wildcat-supporting friends.   

Why are so many so worried about next year?  Worried that so many of these guys will be gone?   Can next year’s incoming freshman/transfer possibly perform as poorly as this group?   

Only worry I have about UK basketball for 2021-2022 is if Calipari throws up deuces to our fanbase and moves on.

1 minute ago, mcpapa said:

UK is having an off year, which means I’m enjoying it.  But I do have a serious question for my many Wildcat-supporting friends.   

Why are so many so worried about next year?  Worried that so many of these guys will be gone?   Can next year’s incoming freshman/transfer possibly perform as poorly as this group?   

I think with a summer of work, some of these guys can make significant improvement.  Plus, it doesn't seem like next year's class is all that impressive. 

6 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Only worry I have about UK basketball for 2021-2022 is if Calipari throws up deuces to our fanbase and moves on.

We can only hope so.

Watching UK basketball this season is a lot like watching UK football a decade or so ago.

With 17 games played in the season Ky has no identity as a basketball team. Sarr continues his audition for the NBA taking 20 footers and Brooks has fallen right in line thinking he is a 3 point phenom. Boston continues to take terrible shots and doesn’t pass or play defense. Askew just does the best he can in a very tough position at the point. When are roles for this team going to be laid out? There has to be some leadership from the coaching staff at some point or maybe not. Ky will lose 20 games regardless but Cal has to step up at some point and lay out a plan for this team and sadly just don’t think it’s going to happen. How about a little pride for Ky basketball.

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

We can only hope so.

If he quits and the next coach gets us to the Final Four in 2021-2022, I will gladly announce in every UK thread, how I should have listened to you all along.

14 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

If he quits and the next coach gets us to the Final Four in 2021-2022, I will gladly announce in every UK thread, how I should have listened to you all along.

If Cal leads us to another Title, I will do the same.  Nah we all know He isn’t winning another title so if He gets us too another Final Four ever with his lifetime contract I’ll do the same.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.