Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 82 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

In the minds of a few on here Cal can’t do wrong.

Solid deflection to a direct question.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, John Anthony said:

In the minds of a few on here Cal can’t do wrong.

I don't see a single person who's said he can do no wrong.  Everyone here would agree that this has been a terrible season for him.

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Solid deflection to a direct question.

It's going to take him a while to discover that the answer is zero.

4 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Solid deflection to a direct question.

You are one of those few, but I think everyone knew that.

1 minute ago, Randy Parker said:

Exactly.  Cal's biggest detriment this year has been player development.  I refuse to believe that Boston is a 12 ppg scorer.  He's not consistently improved, and he's the type of guy Cal has been adept at developing.  That's a problem. 

I hear ya and don't disagree but the biggest lack of player development is Askew. And I dont want to rag on him but a PG like so many good ones we have had that developed as their year went (e.g. Shai, Fox, heck even Hagans at times) and then a player like Boston has a lot more opportunities to develop too.

The defense is almost never on their heals at all when Boston touches the ball. Thats not the case if he is playing with a lot of previous UK point guards. Hell, if Clark was on the floor with him, I bet we see better play from Boston. But who knows, maybe he sucks too.

Just now, John Anthony said:

You are one of those few, but I think everyone knew that.

When has he said that Cal can do no wrong?

2 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

You are one of those few, but I think everyone knew that.

I am not sure how many times in this thread I can say that Cal is to blame for recruiting this crap team before you read it.

And still defecting. Guess you won't get that answer from him @Randy Parker. It was a good question too.

  • Author
23 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Brought Allen in during the dry spell.  He immediately gets a good, open look from the wing.  Misses.

Boston drives on the very next possession and misses a dunk.  At the under 4, we're down 10 instead of 5.

I'm with MJ on this.  If you want to blame recruiting, have at it.  I'll even give you player development as the season has progressed, because most of these guys haven't shown marked improvement. As for this game, I'm not sure what could be done. 

Pretty much right in the mark!!

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I hear ya and don't disagree but the biggest lack of player development is Askew. And I dont want to rag on him but a PG like so many good ones we have had that developed as their year went (e.g. Shai, Fox, heck even Hagans at times) and then a player like Boston has a lot more opportunities to develop too.

The defense is almost never on their heals at all when Boston touches the ball. Thats not the case if he is playing with a lot of previous UK point guards. Hell, if Clark was on the floor with him, I bet we see better play from Boston. But who knows, maybe he sucks too.

The reason I think it's Boston is because of how highly he was rated.  I'm with you on Askew, even though he played pretty well today.  I just think Boston has underperformed more than any other. 

I bet this whole season has thoroughly entertained non-UK fans.  From the terrible season to Cal struggling to us melting down after every game, we've provided quality entertainment all season long.

You're welcome. LOL 

2 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I am not sure how many times in this thread I can say that Cal is to blame for recruiting this crap team before you read it.

And still defecting. Guess you won't get that answer from him @Randy Parker. It was a good question too.

Yes, Cal has gone further than Rick Barnes in the NCAA tourney, I’m sure that will be in his UK HOF speech. I look forward to it.

25 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

With “bad” 5 star players we can’t find a way to coach them to a .300 record?  Is that asking for a lot?

Fixed that for you. 

Just now, John Anthony said:

Yes, Cal has gone further than Rick Barnes in the NCAA tourney, I’m sure that will be in his UK HOF speech. I look forward to it.

You're the one who said it's becoming like Ohio State and Michigan.

3 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

The reason I think it's Boston is because of how highly he was rated.  I'm with you on Askew, even though he played pretty well today.  I just think Boston has underperformed more than any other. 

He definitely has. I just wonder what he would do if he had a more athletic PG that could create and blow by someone like most of Cal's previous PGs. Which the frees things up better for a guy like Boston. Hell, I can't believe I am saying this but I think Ryan Harrow would even be better.

I think Askew will get better over time because he seems to play hard, he will get smarter, and hopefully shoot better. Not sure he will ever be able to create for others but be more a floor manager.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.