February 7, 20215 yr Just now, Randy Parker said: You're the one who said it's becoming like Ohio State and Michigan. The numbers speak for themselves. Tennessee has now won 3 of the last 4 games in Rupp Arena and 6 of the last 9 overall vs Kentucky. I’m willing to listen to you break the numbers down.
February 7, 20215 yr 5 minutes ago, Randy Parker said: I bet this whole season has thoroughly entertained non-UK fans. From the terrible season to Cal struggling to us melting down after every game, we've provided quality entertainment all season long. You're welcome. LOL Good business for BGP at least. Kentucky wins this game and we would be sitting on 5 posts so far, including one saying, "They won in spite of Calipari" lol.
February 7, 20215 yr Tennessee has had 11 coaches who have coached a game against Kentucky in Rupp Arena. None have ever won more than once, Except Rick Barnes who has won 3 of last 4. Bartender pour me another drink... @Randy Parker @UKMustangFan
February 7, 20215 yr Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said: He definitely has. I just wonder what he would do if he had a more athletic PG that could create and blow by someone like most of Cal's previous PGs. Which the frees things up better for a guy like Boston. Hell, I can't believe I am saying this but I think Ryan Harrow would even be better. I think Askew will get better over time because he seems to play hard, he will get smarter, and hopefully shoot better. Not sure he will ever be able to create for others but be more a floor manager. We're lock-step on Askew. Even if he improves, he's not the athlete we're accustomed to having at the point guard spot.
February 7, 20215 yr 3 minutes ago, John Anthony said: Yes, Cal has gone further than Rick Barnes in the NCAA tourney, I’m sure that will be in his UK HOF speech. I look forward to it. You seem to think some of us think he does no wrong, all because we defend him to some of the craziest and most overreaction post people have had through the years. Now this year, I don’t think any of us will say he did a good job. I have said a few times that he simply has not not a good job with this team at all. Some peoples extreme exaggerations with things, is why people have to defend him, rather than getting to have a true normal conversation about him. With that said in that HOF speech. I’m sure he will bring up how besides Rupp. He has led UK to more wins, tournament wins, final fours, and at least tied with most titles in UK history as every coach in our history besides Rupp. The way people talk on here, and what the expect. Literally UK fans probably should say every coach besides Rupp has been a failure I guess?
February 7, 20215 yr 1 minute ago, Randy Parker said: We're lock-step on Askew. Even if he improves, he's not the athlete we're accustomed to having at the point guard spot. Yeah. I feel like at best, we get Aaron Craft by his junior and senior year, which would be great, just not the type of PG that Cal usually has. Kinda felt that way about Quade Gree, but he shot better.
February 7, 20215 yr 6 minutes ago, John Anthony said: Tennessee has had 11 coaches who have coached a game against Kentucky in Rupp Arena None have ever won more than once Except Rick Barnes who has won 3 of last 4. Bartender pour me another drink... @Randy Parker @UKMustangFan You should at least quote Matt Jones if you're gonna copy and paste his tweet lol.
February 7, 20215 yr Just now, John Anthony said: Tennessee has had 11 coaches who have coached a game against Kentucky in Rupp Arena None have ever won more than once Except Rick Barnes who has won 3 of last 4. Bartender pour me another drink... @Randy Parker @UKMustangFan 1 minute ago, John Anthony said: Tennessee has had 11 coaches who have coached a game against Kentucky in Rupp Arena None have ever won more than once Except Rick Barnes who has won 3 of last 4. Bartender pour me another drink... @Randy Parker @UKMustangFan I have broken the numbers down. Rick Barnes does not take his teams deeper in March than John Calipari does. It's a pretty basic concept. I am more concerned about March than head-to-head competition. Am I happy that Barnes has been so successful against Cal for the last three years? Absolutely not. Is Rick Barnes a better coach than John Calipari? Absolutely not. Would I rather have Rick Barnes over John Calipari at UK? Absolutely not.
February 7, 20215 yr 4 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: Yeah. I feel like at best, we get Aaron Craft by his junior and senior year, which would be great, just not the type of PG that Cal usually has. Kinda felt that way about Quade Gree, but he shot better. I'd love it if he could be Aaron Craft.
February 7, 20215 yr 15 minutes ago, John Anthony said: The numbers speak for themselves. Tennessee has now won 3 of the last 4 games in Rupp Arena and 6 of the last 9 overall vs Kentucky. I’m willing to listen to you break the numbers down. You comparing this to OSU/Michigan is the extreme exaggerations I just mentioned in my other post, that prevents actual conversations and more having to shoot down such extreme exaggerations. Has Tennessee had some more success over the last four years absolutely. UK and Tennessee basically have split their regular season series the last few years. The one year Tennessee swept the regular season series, UK turned around and beat them in the SEC title game. Then three years ago UK and Tennessee split in regular season, and then Tennessee won the rubber match in the title game. Two years ago split in the regular season, and then last year they split again in regular season. So yeah no where even close to OSU/Michigan football type stuff. If people could avoid extreme exaggerations, then literally people can have actually legit discussions on things. However, some of you all love to use extreme exaggerations. That prevents actual true discussions.
February 7, 20215 yr 1 minute ago, Randy Parker said: I'd love it if he could be Aaron Craft. Hell ya. Me too. Loved watching him compete.
February 7, 20215 yr 1 minute ago, futurecoach said: You comparing this to OSU/Michigan is the extreme exaggerations I just mentioned in my other post, that prevents actual conversations and more having to shoot down such extreme exaggerations. Has Tennessee had some more success over the last four years absolutely. UK and Tennessee basically have split their regular season series the last few years. The one year Tennessee swept the regular season series, UK turned around and beat them in the SEC title game. Then three years ago UK and Tennessee split in regular season, and then Tennessee won the rubber match in the title game. Two years ago split in the regular season, and then last year they split again in regular season. So yeah no where even close to OSU/Michigan football type stuff. If people could avoid extreme exaggerations, then literally people can have actually legit discussions on things. However, some of you all love to use extreme exaggerations. That prevent actual true discussions. There are a few of us who think Calipari does no wrong, even though we voice our grumblings about him from time to time, like recruiting this crap team. And then there are a few that should have their picture in a dictionary next to the world: Hyperbole.
February 7, 20215 yr CAL is average at best with Xs and Os and when he doesn’t have the most talent on the floor it shows. Tenn lived in the paint that last 12 minutes. You have gotta zone some to try and stop that constant penetration.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.