Newport Central Catholic - 2021 Schedule

NCC should be very competitive in this schedule. Good mix of multiple classes. Beechwood game is always tough and preps for a playoff run. The Roger Bacon game should be a much closer game talent level wise now that Kiner is gone. 😜 I just don’t like the impact of an OH game on the RPI, more to lose than gain. 

The Breds return 6 starters on each side of the ball and a couple more with significant varsity snaps in rotation . Including 4 of the 5 Offensive Lineman. 3 of the 4 LB’s from their starting rotation. Expecting 8-10 Seniors. 

Going to need a lot of new skill position players on offense to step up and in the defensive secondary. But they should be strong up front both sides of the ball. Looking forward to another great season! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Anyone know if they had any kids stay back for the supplemental year? 

The Diocese of Covington did not choose to participate in the SSYP, so no diocesan schools have do-overs. Football programs impacted by that decision would include New Cath, Covington Holy Cross, Brossart, and Cov Cath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

The Diocese of Covington did not choose to participate in the SSYP, so no diocesan schools have do-overs. Football programs impacted by that decision would include New Cath, Covington Holy Cross, Brossart, and Cov Cath.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ken Morgan said:

Should be an exciting year again for NCC. Geisler, Welch at RB. Kolt Smith QB. Plenty of returning WRs back. Young in the backfield but really talented. By the time district comes around, they will be ready. 

I'm hearing conflicting reports about Geisler's status as a Bred vs. as a Bird.

6 hours ago, The Oracle said:

I'm hearing conflicting reports about Geisler's status as a Bred vs. as a Bird.

Cam has told me to my face that he will be a Bird. However,  I honestly hope that either goes or stays at a place that makes him successful. I think his family needs to look in the mirror and put Cam’s best interest at heart and go from there. If that is at NCC or HHS then let’s roll! Stop messing with the young man. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Cam has told me to my face that he will be a Bird. However,  I honestly hope that either goes or stays at a place that makes him successful. I think his family needs to look in the mirror and put Cam’s best interest at heart and go from there. If that is at NCC or HHS then let’s roll! Stop messing with the young man. 

Messing with this young man is a Understatement. Good luck to wherever he lands or stays.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ken Morgan said:

Cam has been to every summer basketball game and to football practices. It would be nice if the Fort Thomas adults would stop saying he is going to Highlands. He doesn't live in their school district. 

Technically he does to a certain extent.  Highlands gives Southgate residents a reduced rate.  I will say this, don’t really care where he plays but hopefully it is not another circus like last year.  With that said, every time I heard he was going somewhere last year he did end up at that location.

On a side note, who has been coaching the basketball team this summer?

21 minutes ago, Ken Morgan said:

Cam has been to every summer basketball game and to football practices. It would be nice if the Fort Thomas adults would stop saying he is going to Highlands. He doesn't live in their school district. 

Funny you mention that.  I honestly could care less where Waldo is now saga!  I buy into the team concept.  I hope he finds a home and stays.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Technically he does to a certain extent.  Highlands gives Southgate residents a reduced rate.  I will say this, don’t really care where he plays but hopefully it is not another circus like last year.  With that said, every time I heard he was going somewhere last year he did end up at that location.

On a side note, who has been coaching the basketball team this summer?

Mr Dawn has been there every game and practice.