January 28, 20215 yr 4 hours ago, 9068 said: In the words of longtime college coach Abe Lemons while serving at the University of Texas when one of his players posted similar numbers, " Congratulations son, you did three more things than a dead person". Used that on 6'11" center after a one rebound ( and that's it) stat line. Dang you never should have brought up Abe Lemons. I loved that dude except when he stole LaSalle Thompson from UC. MY favorite all time Abe Lemons quote, "I never substitute to substitute. I play my regulars. The only way you leave the floor is if you die." He definitely never went more than 7 deep. ??
January 28, 20215 yr 54 minutes ago, Randy Parker said: Him or Alex Poythress. I was thinking Skal Labissiere.
January 28, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, Randy Parker said: Him or Alex Poythress. Well hopefully he stays like AP did.
January 28, 20215 yr 2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said: Not sure but from 2010-2015 KY (CAL) was 41-14 versus ranked teams. That a drastic decline. That is a big decline. However, the run UK was on from 2010 to 2015 was also not realistically sustainable. Much like the run UK had from 1996 to 1998 was not sustainable. Yet it spoiled our fan base thinking that was something that it should always be like. The run from 2010 to 2015 was also not sustainable, yet it did spoil our fan base. Spoiled our fan base so much, that even before this season. Fans were acting like UK has been horrible since 2015, which was not the case. Now this year they have been truly bad, and the complaints are valid with this years team.
January 28, 20215 yr Another good stat I heard on the Leech report this morning. Cats are +20 in the first 36 minutes of games this season. They are -37 the last 4.
January 28, 20215 yr 3 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said: Another good stat I heard on the Leech report this morning. Cats are +20 in the first 36 minutes of games this season. They are -37 the last 4. Goodness gracious.
January 28, 20215 yr 10 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said: Another good stat I heard on the Leech report this morning. Cats are +20 in the first 36 minutes of games this season. They are -37 the last 4. No surprise at all in that IMO. If you are UK, what is your go to in the last 4 minutes of a game? If you are a UK opponent, what do you have to focus on stopping? Nothing. There is no threat on the offensive side for UK to build around. Add in terrible passing and ball handling that leads to turnovers and horrible shot selection, you get numbers like those.
January 29, 20215 yr On 1/27/2021 at 6:53 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said: Players going to the NBA and winning titles are not mutually exclusive. Many UK fans will never understand that. Not quite the point I was trying to make, but you are correct.
January 29, 20215 yr On 1/27/2021 at 6:53 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said: Players going to the NBA and winning titles are not mutually exclusive. Many UK fans will never understand that. If I recall correctly, almost every NCAA champion in the last 30 years had at least 2 NBA first rounders on their team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.