Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama 70 Kentucky 59

Featured Replies

5 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

I’m looking at the preseason rankings, with UK at number 9. “The Wildcats have the best recruiting class in the country.”

Best class full of “bad” players.  

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

I’m looking at the preseason rankings, with UK at number 9. “The Wildcats have the best recruiting class in the country.”

I believe quantity played a factor in the top ranking, so its a little deceiving.

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

Askew           Jackson (5 spot)

Toppin

Mintz

Sarr

Brooks

Allen

So your only change is no Boston. I won't argue against fewer minutes for Boston. I wouldn't go to zero but he would have to earn anything over 15 minutes.

Askew in this game. 24 minutes. 0-2 from the field, 2 assists, and 1 rebound. I guess his presence allows Mintz to play more off the ball, but damn he brings so little to the table beyond that some games.

9 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Askew           Jackson (5 spot)

Toppin

Mintz

Sarr

Brooks

Allen

I would like to see Boston's minutes reduced. Give those minutes to Allen and Toppin.

7 hours ago, bugatti said:

Askew in this game. 24 minutes. 0-2 from the field, 2 assists, and 1 rebound. I guess his presence allows Mintz to play more off the ball, but damn he brings so little to the table beyond that some games.

About the only thing he did well last night was be in a good help defensive position, which altered a few shots. And he picked up fouls not giving up free baskets.

Between Hagans and Askew, I am not w big fan of reclassified freshman PGs.

Cal’s record against ranked teams since 2015 22-21, hmmmm.

39 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Cal’s record against ranked teams since 2015 22-21, hmmmm.

To get a full picture, how does that compare to Izzo, Coach K, Roy Williams, Shaka Smart, Tony Bennett or any coach that people want Cal replaced with?

4 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

To get a full picture, how does that compare to Izzo, Coach K, Shaka Smart, Tony Bennett or any coach that people want Cal replaced with?

107-0.

7 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

To get a full picture, how does that compare to Izzo, Coach K, Shaka Smart, Tony Bennett or any coach that people want Cal replaced with?

Not really concerned about those other guys, just stating facts about the current condition of Ky basketball.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

About the only thing he did well last night was be in a good help defensive position, which altered a few shots. And he picked up fouls not giving up free baskets.

Between Hagans and Askew, I am not w big fan of reclassified freshman PGs.

UK is stagnant on offense. When Mintz is out there alone, they are more stagnant. So I kind of get the rationale of trying to force Askew into the lead role, but he just doesn't have it. And I am not sure when Clark returns if it'll be enough reps to take the full reigns.

16 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Not really concerned about those other guys, just stating facts about the current condition of Ky basketball.

Of course you don't.

But knowing what the records would be of those other guys helps to provide context of the current condition of UK basketball. And probably doesnt make it as grim as you want it to portray. They suck this year, we all know it.

Numbers without context don't mean a whole lot. And I am genuine in asking how does that compare. First glance, I don't like that stat but with context, it might actually still be pretty good.

12 hours ago, mcpapa said:

I’m looking at the preseason rankings, with UK at number 9. “The Wildcats have the best recruiting class in the country.”

Really, what does a top 10 recruiting class mean in terms of wins?  Looks good on paper, but you still have to factor in other aspects of your roster.  UK is playing mostly untested players with no returning experienced players and it sticks out like a sore thumb.  This team is just not ready to compete with the better teams, and may never be.  It will be interesting to see how many of them depart after this year.

27 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Really, what does a top 10 recruiting class mean in terms of wins?  Looks good on paper, but you still have to factor in other aspects of your roster.  UK is playing mostly untested players with no returning experienced players and it sticks out like a sore thumb.  This team is just not ready to compete with the better teams, and may never be.  It will be interesting to see how many of them depart after this year.

I pay little attention to recruiting rankings now. With what you describe on top of (grad) transfers, reclassificaiton, and more kids opting out of college, I am not sure what they really mean. And again, UK's ranking was high because of sheer numbers in the class, not necessarily top-shelf quality.

Rankings of UK's recruits from 247 sports:

5 Boston

8 Clarke

30 Jackson 

32 Askew

39 Ware

It wasn't just numbers. These guys were considered in the top 50 in the nation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.