Brock Roberts has stepped down after 2 years as head coach at Eminence. The Warriors were 13-9 in his two years as head coach.

Not a bad job. Very small school but typically have athletes. Long history of success dating back to 8-man days. Not a place you can win a state title but definitely a place where a coach can win. 

This is a surprise. I don’t think the pay scale is that great so I would guess someone local. It really isn’t a bad gig for someone starting out I believe. 

25 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

https://110forchrist.com/2019/10/12/happy-to-be-home/

Story with background on Roberts. 

10 years removed from high school - Eminence grad.

Assistant at Collins.

First time head coach at Eminence.

The article talks about how much he is enjoying coaching at home.

I mean seriously is this a story about Roberts or Coach James.....I see Deja Vu in this one right??? They better vet this big time if this is HHS pick....for the record I am totally speculating this is HHS pick.

6 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I mean seriously is this a story about Roberts or Coach James.....I see Deja Vu in this one right??? They better vet this big time if this is HHS pick....for the record I am totally speculating this is HHS pick.

I highly doubt this is HHS pick. Past coaching where you grew up there really isn’t many similarities. His teams do play with a swagger that might be similar to FC. 

Program has been on the rise and the school is pushing the athletics, wouldn’t be a bad job. Believe they have 14 8th graders coming up, with the potential to be a pretty good class

• Like 1

What’s the rumors on this one? I know they are a decent program. I believe they have the potential to be hanging around 7th-12th spot in Class A every year with the right hire. 

On 1/22/2021 at 7:19 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

Not a bad job. Very small school but typically have athletes. Long history of success dating back to 8-man days. Not a place you can win a state title but definitely a place where a coach can win. 

It they ever bring back 8 man football, this is an awesome place to be.

Eminence dominated 8 man football in KY back in the day....   

CM