Mason Co. 57 June Buchanon 55

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason Co was EXTREMELY lucky to win this game. JBS lead when the shot (that was a great shot )went in. I'm still confused why Mason chose to use Miller to guard Stepp. Ultimately, Miller fouled out and it actually should have cost them the game.

Great game tonight at Perry Central. Miller is a great athlete as he had 3 dunks tonight I believe. He gave Stepp problems tonight as he guarded him but Stepp was able to get his points. Nobody thought JBS could come within 15-20 points of Mason besides the JBS & there fans. Miller can do it all. After he dunked one, the next offensive possession he comes down & strokes a three. Very exciting player to watch. The gym went wild after the Miller dunks because being in the mountains, you don't really get to see to many dunks. Especially 3 in one game. The 14th region will most likely not produce 1 dunk all season. But again, great game to watch & I'll try & be there tomorrow to watch Mason take on the #3 team in the 14th region. I guess you can say JBS played pretty good against the #3 team in the state. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

JBS may be the top team in the 14th, but that doesn't mean they should've been anywhere close to staying with Mason Co. Hats off to JBS for playing them tight, but surely Mason had to be overlooking these guys?

I doubt they were overlooking; maybe the 3-hour bus trip had something to do with the lackluster showing. Mason County should (although you never know) bounce back with a little better showing today.

JBS may be the top team in the 14th, but that doesn't mean they should've been anywhere close to staying with Mason Co. Hats off to JBS for playing them tight, but surely Mason had to be overlooking these guys?

I guess JBS cant be any good since they are from the 14th? Why dont you come watch them play in the 5th/3rd and see for yourself how good they are. Mason didnt overlook JBS they just couldnt stop JBS...In the prediction thread someone wrote that JBS had a good team but things are different when you leave the mountains.....Ask Mason County.....

Had nothing to do with the mountains. Mason just isn't that deep. They are a good basketball team with Miller in the lineup. Without him they are a typical 10,11,12,13,14,15,16, region team. JBS will be tough and even tougher if they can get Cox another 5 or 6 shots a game. They are young and talented. I was really surprised by the outcome and they (JBS) didn't get many breaks. My opinion on JBS was changed last night. Good night for the JBS program and the 14th even with the loss. PCC also knows how to host an event. Great facility,parking, and hospitality.

Had nothing to do with the mountains. Mason just isn't that deep. They are a good basketball team with Miller in the lineup. Without him they are a typical 10,11,12,13,14,15,16, region team. JBS will be tough and even tougher if they can get Cox another 5 or 6 shots a game. They are young and talented. I was really surprised by the outcome and they (JBS) didn't get many breaks. My opinion on JBS was changed last night. Good night for the JBS program and the 14th even with the loss. PCC also knows how to host an event. Great facility,parking, and hospitality.

Just glad to see that had some competition, The st -pats. bracken countys demings and augusta dont make them any better, Maybe they need to Invite June Buchanan to the MCIT intead of these class A schools

Just glad to see that had some competition, The st -pats. bracken countys demings and augusta dont make them any better, Maybe they need to Invite June Buchanan to the MCIT intead of these class A schools

June Buchanan could not play in the MCIT because they play in the 5th/3rd and WYMT this year and a team can play in only 2 tourneys that count as one game. \

I think next year they are scheduled to play in the 5th/3rd and King ot the Bluegrass..

I think they would have liked to play there if their schedule would have fit. Mason seemed to be a class team and well coached and this is the kind of team you need to play to get better.

June Buchanan could not play in the MCIT because they play in the 5th/3rd and WYMT this year and a team can play in only 2 tourneys that count as one game. \

I think next year they are scheduled to play in the 5th/3rd and King ot the Bluegrass..

I think they would have liked to play there if their schedule would have fit. Mason seemed to be a class team and well coached and this is the kind of team you need to play to get better.

To each there own. Just cant see these little schools competing with MAson Co . I know you are 45-60 points better than any of the small schools . Like to seen the Maysville Bulldogs still in action, Dont think it would be the same ...

The game was very exciting from the tip to the final horn. JBS showed the basketball state of Kentucky that they are for real. I have never seen Perry Central fans, Leslie County fans, Powell County fans, Estill County fans, and the June Buchanan fans all cheering for one team. Last night the 14th region gained some respect.