Mason Co. 57 June Buchanon 55

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JBS may be the top team in the 14th, but that doesn't mean they should've been anywhere close to staying with Mason Co. Hats off to JBS for playing them tight, but surely Mason had to be overlooking these guys?

June Buchanan was runner up in the state AAU tournament this past summer. I don't see how Mason County could have possibly overlooked them. Maybe JBS is a little better than some think, and Mason may have a few more weaknesses than originally thought. I haven't seen the Royals this year (I plan on seeing their game at Clark later this season), but according to some of these posts, without Miller they are a very average team.

After last night, I would have to give JBS the edge to be the favorite. But, PCC gets their shot at Mason. The 3 hour bus trip may have had a little to do with last night, but JBS had A LOT to do with it. They are a very good team and have earned the right to get some respect. I am a believer and they are only going to get better because they are young.

I have watched these JBS kids for the last 4 years or so & have been telling my friends they can play. I think they have been in every game over this time span with all the big schools they have played. They will make a run at the All A state title & most likely be in Rupp & could possibly win a game or two. Mason is well coached & avg at best without Miller. Middleton is a good player but overrated. Two good teams a fan can appreciate & who are fun to watch

I posted this in the other thread, but since this one is getting more traffic: Can anyone confirm today's schedule?

Perry Central vs. Betsy layne Girls 2 PM

Letcher vs. Clay 4 PM

PCC vs. Mason 5:30 PM On WKCB 107.1 and wkcb.com

Buckhorn vs. Shelby Valley 7 PM

Cordia vs. North Laurel 8:30 PM WKCB 107.1 and wkcb.com

Where was WKCB at last night. JBS is in Knott Co., but you never hear them on the radio. You hardly ever hear Cordia on it. WHY?

I would guess because the station makes more money broadcasting KCC games, and has a hard time selling advertising for the others.