Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason Co. 57 June Buchanon 55

Featured Replies

Good showing for the 14th region but I would say the 3 hour bus trip played into it and playing in the Mountains......

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JBS may be the top team in the 14th, but that doesn't mean they should've been anywhere close to staying with Mason Co. Hats off to JBS for playing them tight, but surely Mason had to be overlooking these guys?

June Buchanan was runner up in the state AAU tournament this past summer. I don't see how Mason County could have possibly overlooked them. Maybe JBS is a little better than some think, and Mason may have a few more weaknesses than originally thought. I haven't seen the Royals this year (I plan on seeing their game at Clark later this season), but according to some of these posts, without Miller they are a very average team.

JBS has a good team, however there are several good teams in the region. As many as 8 or 9 teams could win the region.

I don't see it that way. I believe the winner of the 14th will come down to 3 teams: Hazard, June Buchanan, and Perry Central.

After last night, I would have to give JBS the edge to be the favorite. But, PCC gets their shot at Mason. The 3 hour bus trip may have had a little to do with last night, but JBS had A LOT to do with it. They are a very good team and have earned the right to get some respect. I am a believer and they are only going to get better because they are young.

I have watched these JBS kids for the last 4 years or so & have been telling my friends they can play. I think they have been in every game over this time span with all the big schools they have played. They will make a run at the All A state title & most likely be in Rupp & could possibly win a game or two. Mason is well coached & avg at best without Miller. Middleton is a good player but overrated. Two good teams a fan can appreciate & who are fun to watch

I don't see it that way. I believe the winner of the 14th will come down to 3 teams: Hazard, June Buchanan, and Perry Central.

Add Lee Co. as the 4th and I agree 100%.

I really think Mason is an average team without Miller. Still good but not above average. This is one of those years that someone else might come out of the 10th instead of Mason.

Heard Tennessee will be at the game tonight to watch Miller.

I think Mason still has a good shot at winning the region. If Clark and Mason make it to the championship who knows who will win. They are both very good when playing well.

Add Lee Co. as the 4th and I agree 100%.

Well, if you added Lee you would also have to add Powell.

I just think the three I mentioned have a little distance between themselves and the rest of the pack.

I posted this in the other thread, but since this one is getting more traffic: Can anyone confirm today's schedule?

I posted this in the other thread, but since this one is getting more traffic: Can anyone confirm today's schedule?

 

 

Perry Central vs. Betsy layne Girls 2 PM

Letcher vs. Clay 4 PM

PCC vs. Mason 5:30 PM On WKCB 107.1 and wkcb.com

Buckhorn vs. Shelby Valley 7 PM

Cordia vs. North Laurel 8:30 PM WKCB 107.1 and wkcb.com

Perry Central vs. Betsy layne Girls 2 PM

Letcher vs. Clay 4 PM

PCC vs. Mason 5:30 PM On WKCB 107.1 and wkcb.com

Buckhorn vs. Shelby Valley 7 PM

Cordia vs. North Laurel 8:30 PM WKCB 107.1 and wkcb.com

 

Thanks!

Where was WKCB at last night. JBS is in Knott Co., but you never hear them on the radio. You hardly ever hear Cordia on it. WHY?

Where was WKCB at last night. JBS is in Knott Co., but you never hear them on the radio. You hardly ever hear Cordia on it. WHY?

 

I would guess because the station makes more money broadcasting KCC games, and has a hard time selling advertising for the others.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.