Mason Co. 57 June Buchanon 55

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was WKCB at last night. JBS is in Knott Co., but you never hear them on the radio. You hardly ever hear Cordia on it. WHY?

The game was on WKCB last night. THey cover some games for KCC,June Buchanan,and Cordia. They are covering the PCC/Mason and Cordia game tonight. They also do the state tournament every year.

Well, if you added Lee you would also have to add Powell.

I just think the three I mentioned have a little distance between themselves and the rest of the pack.

I hate to disagree with you Prof but Lee is just to athletic to dismiss. Powell played an exceptional ballgame and Lee couldn't throw it in the ocean when they lost at Stanton. Don't think you will see the same results at Beattyville or Booneville come district tourney time. I think Lee is better than PCC right now???;)

I hate to disagree with you Prof but Lee is just to athletic to dismiss. Powell played an exceptional ballgame and Lee couldn't throw it in the ocean when they lost at Stanton. Don't think you will see the same results at Beattyville or Booneville come district tourney time. I think Lee is better than PCC right now???;)

You could be right. I didn't see the game at Stanton, but listened to the second half on the radio. If Lee's outside game is there, then they will be tough to beat. But it let them down in Stanton.

If there was any doubts about tiny June Buchanan playing with the big boys in high school hoops , think no more . Mason Co. came to the mountains last week and literally escaped with a 57 - 55 win on a neutral court at Perry Central and had to hit a 3 pt. shot from 24 feet with 1.5 seconds on the clock to get the win . Darius Miller , the Royals star 6' 5" jr. wing/forward showed his various talents and had he not been so unselfish could have literally dominated the game . Clark Stepp , June Buchanan's fine jr. point guard is not the Crusaders only threat .Tate Cox a 5' 10" freshman guard is just as impressive as Stepp at times and Garrison Collins a 6' 8 " sophomore center could be the missing link to a mighty fine high school basketball team but he's going to have to be featured more in their offense in order to reach his full potential .

Ira Combs

I'm not sure what all the smack talk is between JBS and Mason,But bottom line JBS is a very young team with 2 star players and a nice cast,They will compete for the 14th region over the next few years and likely win it some.They played hard against Mason that nite and theres nothing to be taken away from that.Mason on the other hand IS a top 10 team i assure you that there very deep and have lots of talent led by a stud player.They may have had a little off nite but it happens to everyone but JBS played a role in that and they had to adjust to the officiating in that part of the state as would JBS if they come to the 10th region,And they did look how they handled PCC the next nite.I don't think theres a 30 point gap between PCC and JBS either.Both teams will have a fine season and have lots of wins they have a shot next week to meet on a neutral floor at 5/3 maybe well see then if its any different or not.Good luck to both teams and lets move on its over and the better team won.:thumb: