Paintsville 38 Kentucky Country Day 7 (Class 1A State Championship)

theguru

1 hour ago, ATLCat said:

Coach Chirico had a vision for this program and set out to build a championship caliber team and succeeded.

The Paintsville program was almost at the end of its rope when Chirico took over. The job he's done there is incredible. Congratulations to Paintsville on their first ever championship.

• Like 1

Not the result we wanted, but we couldn’t be more proud of our kids and coaches for an unbelievable season. To the 13 seniors, you men helped change the face of this program forever. Thank you for an unbelievable and memorable season that will never be forgotten.

KCD Athletics via Twitter

Congrats to Paintsville on getting that trophy. The Tigers were considered the top challenger all season and they stepped right in to grab that trophy when the opportunity was in front of them. 

It was a history making season for Kentucky Country Day also.

It was fun seeing new faces in the title game.

About how I thought this one could play out. I didn’t think there was a 1A team that could line up and run it at this Paintsville defense and have enough success to score 20+. 

Phelps had a huge game and has two years remaining. Was very happy to see Jake Hyden play well in this one as well. 

KCD had some good football players but Paintsville was simply better at what KCD was good at.  I’m sure there’s a few 4th down calls they would love to have back but I don’t think the outcome would have changed.