3A - David Buchanan, Mercer County

4A - Justin Haddix, Boyle County

5A - Jay Fallin, Owensboro

6A - Phillip Hawkins, Bryan Station

Congrats to all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2A player of the year, wow!!!

Cameron Hergott should have been the 2A player of the year. He leads the entire state in total yards and has 38 combined TDs, and his 3 playoff performances have been incredible. He also currently sits at a 76.8% completion percentage, which would be the 2nd highest of all time for a single season. Sheron is a great player, and I wish him well at UK, but it’s a shame that votes just get cast based on a name or a school that somebody is committed to. 

Hergott has had the best season out of anyone in 2A when you consider how much of the offensive production has come from just him alone.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

2A player of the year, wow!!!

Cameron Hergott should have been the 2A player of the year. He leads the entire state in total yards and has 38 combined TDs, and his 3 playoff performances have been incredible. He also currently sits at a 76.8% completion percentage, which would be the 2nd highest of all time for a single season. Sheron is a great player, and I wish him well at UK, but it’s a shame that votes just get cast based on a name or a school that somebody is committed to. 

Hergott has had the best season out of anyone in 2A when you consider how much of the offensive production has come from just him alone.

I don’t think you can simply look at stats.  Mayer won it last year because he was the best football player.  Stats wise others were better.  As a disclaimer,  I thought he should have won it (Mayer).

• Like 1

Though everyone has their opinion on awards I want to take the opportunity to congratulate all the recipients voted on by the KFCA! It's been a difficult season for players, administration, coaches, and officials.....way to hang in there!

• Like 1