Elizabethtown vs. Ashland Predictions/Updates (3A State Championship)

DevilMayCare

Panthers vs. Tomcats   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the 3A state champion for 2020?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 03:00 PM

Ashland has seen the wing-t for years thanks to Russell and a few other schools and they’ve played the WV schools because the play wide open spread offenses and granted this year they didn’t face either George Washington or Spring Valley they still played Raceland and Bourbon County that tried to throw it everywhere and Raceland being the only team to score twice in a game. Don’t underestimate the team speed Ashland has on defense and last week they stood toe to toe against Belfry for 48 minutes and didn’t waiver. Still I think it’ll be a close game possibly decided by who makes the one mistake. I’ll take Ashland but won’t be surprised to see Etown pull out either. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Yep.  All from calpreps (friend of mine posted elsewhere) Great stats to look at and compare

Obviously this will all get played out on the field, but defensively - I think these two are dang close- throw the ppg to this point out the window

1st game of the year was close against a 6A Central Hardin program who has put themselves on the map the last 6-8 years (couple region titles in that time, despite the last couple years falling back somewhat)

Beat 6A Meade 36-6 and it was a 36-0 running clock before Meade scored.  Meade ended up putting together a decent year, came out of the gates beating 4A Region Finalist- John Hardin

Won in a shootout against 5A (and, I believe district champ) North Bullitt.

The Union County game was already decided by half. It was 43-6 at half. 

The LaRue County game was interesting for a half- LaRue was actually up on E-town 14-12 at half (no turnovers ) and then E-town just exploded. Offensively they remind you of some of the Pitino coached UK teams in hoops when they would be in a tight game and then boom! Go on a run and it’s “Turn off the lights - close the doors.”

Bardstown Pt. 2 was interesting - as it should’ve been   It was a relatively clean game by both. I’m also hear to tell you- Bardstown? In terms of raw team speed? Top to bottom? Best in 3A this year  

I think this game will live up to all the hype. Likely two teams that if they play 10 times? They split 5-5 or maybe somebody edges out 6-4.  Should be a dandy   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Just saw on the news Ashland is practicing this week on Boyd County’s new turf field. Really nice jester by the Lions. 

They practiced Tuesday at Coal Grove’s field. I had figured they’d done all week at BC but seen Chad post pic from Tuesday evening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LFTIGER said:

Etown’s D is SOFT!! Especially 2nd/ 3rd levels!! 33 would’ve racked up 250 if given chance!! DON’T PUNT!! Keep Etown’s O off field. Get the W!! 

Whether that’s true or not Ashland is going to have to play it’s best Football to get the Win. E-Town is 12-0 and puts up a ton of points.  I’m not sure Ashland can win a shootout. We need a 24-21 17-14 type game IMO.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LFTIGER said:

Etown’s D is SOFT!! Especially 2nd/ 3rd levels!! 33 would’ve racked up 250 if given chance!! DON’T PUNT!! Keep Etown’s O off field. Get the W!! 

Didn’t get the chance because they were down by double digits. Ground and pound if you want. If you’re not scoring and can’t stop Etown from scoring its going to get you out of the “33 would’ve racked up 250” mindset real fast. It’s been a whole week and you’re still typing in all caps.....

Good Luck Panthers 

• Like 1