Boyle County vs. Rowan County Predictions/Updates (4A Playoffs) - Cancelled

Rebelstat

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Boyle (From KHSAA and last game not added. 8 games played with 7 game stats included )

390 PTs a game with an average of 55.7.

83 Pts allowed a game with an average of 11.9.

1289 rushing yards a game with an average of 184.1.

265 rushing yards allowed a game with an average of 37.9

1410 passing yards a game with an average of 201.4.

657 passing yards allowed a game with an average of 93.9.

Offense as thrown 1 Int's.

Defense as 6 Int's.

Rowan (From KHSAA and last game not added in. 7 games played only 6 game stats included)

187 Pts a game with an average of 31.2.

189 Pts allowed a game with an average of 31.5.

1312 rushing yards a game with an average of 218.7.

822 rushing yards allowed a game with an average of 137.

648 passing yards a game with an average of 108.

749 passing yards allowed a game with an average 124.8.

Offense as thrown 2 Int's.

Defense as 7 Int's.

13 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Can we call this the ShaDon Brown Bowl?

Very good season for Rowan County, but I'm afraid it ends here in ugly fashion.

I think "very good season" is a stretch.  Harrison County is the only team they beat that had a winning record at 5-4 and the other three teams the beat had a combined record of 5-17.  After they lose Friday they will end up 4-4 so not really seeing it.  This is the problem with the inter-district first and second round.  Boyle and LexCath should not have had to play in the second round. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I think "very good season" is a stretch.  Harrison County is the only team they beat that had a winning record at 5-4 and the other three teams the beat had a combined record of 5-17.  After they lose Friday they will end up 4-4 so not really seeing it.  This is the problem with the inter-district first and second round.  Boyle and LexCath should not have had to play in the second round. 

I wish I could like your comment more than once.  Same thing happened in 2A with Somerset and LCA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

I wish I could like your comment more than once.  Same thing happened in 2A with Somerset and LCA.

Absolutely !!.  Hate the inter-district first and second round.  Let the kids play teams they don't usually play. That's the fun of the playoffs.  Make the playoffs and first thing you do is play a team you already played 2 or 3 weeks prior.  I absolutely hate it. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BEChargers said:

It's relative. The folks in Morehead might consider the first district championship in a decade to be a very good season. Especially at a school where football routinely takes a back seat to two or three other boy's sports. 

I agree with your second point, though.

• Like 2

You're right, it is relative.  Plus they probably would have beaten Boyd in early Nov. if not for a cancellation.  I've got nothing against Rowan at all.  Used to know several of their coaches.  Plus the Wallace kid is a nice back.  I don't care who you're playing 450+ yards in one game is impressive. 

It’s no secret that that Rowan County’s offense runs through RB Cole Wallace who is averaging 220 yards of offense per outing. Their D has forced an impressive 11 turnovers as well. Unfortunately for Rowan the only opponent they have faced that might be close to Boyle’s level is Ashland and they lost that one 46-0. I see this one being a similar margin. Rebels with a running clock in the first half. 

• Like 3