Teams not playing in the playoffs due to Covid-19

GOREDDEVILS

1 minute ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Is East Carter still going to play Russell? The last I heard they planned to and I would think they will since West has a good chance to advance deep in the playoffs.

As far as I know Russell and East Should be on for next week. I remember Carter County saying the red status goes out the window in playoffs.

14 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Really interesting. So does Ashland then get a bye?

This is something I'm interested in watching. If the 1-seed, 2-seed, and 4-seed play and the 3-seed can't, does the 4-seed become a 3-seed and the 1-seed get a first round bye?

18 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So how many of these teams are electing to not participate, and how many are out because they are stuck in quarantine and are unable to participate in the first round?

I think there are several schools in this situation. The biggest fear was playing a random game tonight, then finding out on Monday your opponent had Covid cases, and you now have to quarantine. I'd guess at least 50% of tonight's cancellations are due to that.

52 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think there are several schools in this situation. The biggest fear was playing a random game tonight, then finding out on Monday your opponent had Covid cases, and you now have to quarantine. I'd guess at least 50% of tonight's cancellations are due to that.

I thought the vast majority of the cancellations were due to red county rules.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I thought the vast majority of the cancellations were due to red county rules.

I’d imagine “red county status” provided a really good excuse for what I posted earlier, which to me seemed more likely. But either way it eliminated a ton of good games.