Playoffs with Red Counties going to be interesting next weekend!

Rebel

Going to be real interesting next week to see how the KHSAA handles the playoffs with counties in the Red.  To me a lot of questions on how this is going to be handled.  What if a #4 seed school is in RED and #1 seed school refuses to play them? 

Personally my belief is that this is the last weekend for high school football this year.    Hope I'm wrong but just don't see how the season can continue.

Ok let me throw another scenario out there.  What if a #4 seed school plays a #1 seed school and finds out that a player from the lower seed played with Covid that game.  Does the #1 seed school forfeit the rest of the season to quarantine the following week?

I'll be interested to see how many #4 seeds - and some #3 - decline to participate in the playoffs - either due to legit health concerns or seeing COVID as an out to prevent what will likely be a road blowout - and how that impacts the long term, 5-week feasability of these football playoffs. 

With that being said, I certainly wouldn't - if I'm being honest - blame any massively outclassed #4 seed if they did this and I'm sure it will happen. The question is, how does it impact everyone else?

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

It would be nice if any schools that are thinking about "tapping out" would go ahead and declare it so the playoffs go as smoothly as possible. 

Very well said.. The Khsaa needs to come out sometime in the next few days and get some clarification for peeps.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Or just not even worry about 3 and 4 seeds... 

I took some heat a few weeks ago when I suggested this as the best way to ensure completion of the football playoffs. I know it's not ideal, and I know it would be met with great disdain, but - to me - it seems like the best option and one that would be perceived by the affected teams both in a positive and negative manner. 

Gonna get interesting here REAL quick..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

I took some heat a few weeks ago when I suggested this as the best way to ensure completion of the football playoffs. I know it's not ideal, and I know it would be met with great disdain, but - to me - it seems like the best option and one that would be perceived by the affected teams both in a positive and negative manner. 

Gonna get interesting here REAL quick..

Would you please give us a link to that @BrosefStalin.

In volleyball/soccer district and regional tournaments, you could not exclude a team just because they were red.  If they are red and want to play you have to let them play.  The tricky part could be if the host team is red.  If that happens then the lower seed can request a change of venue to a neutral site or to their place.

My guess is over half the games this weekend have been canceled.  Is that because everyone is getting ready for the playoffs or too afraid of catching the virus?  After this week it is advance or your season is over.