Ohio Playoffs

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Is anyone outside of Cincinnati giving St. X a shot this week? I know Pick Central is great, but the Bombers played a schedule that should prepare them to be competitive against anyone in a state final.

St. Xavier certainly has a shot...as long as they don't play as bad as they did last week.  How they have FIVE turnovers and still win is such a St. X thing to do.  And as far as their schedule helping them...yeah, I guess.  I think that is often times overplayed.  I will take Pick Central's experience in the playoffs over the past 4 years over whoever St. X played.

It will be a close game, I just see the Tigers beating the Bombers.

-CardinalsFan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Is anyone outside of Cincinnati giving St. X a shot this week? I know Pick Central is great, but the Bombers played a schedule that should prepare them to be competitive against anyone in a state final.

Absolutely, it’s X after all.  On paper I feel like PC is 7-14 points better but I could certainly see X winning this game.

There will be 10-20 total D1, 2, & 3, kids on the field in this one.  Clifford vs Lorenzo Styles is gonna be a whale of a matchup.  Styles younger brother Alex a sophomore, is the wildcard for me.  Ohio State offered him after his first varsity game in August.  He’s likely to end up a a National recruit in football and basketball.  I’d love to see him step up as young sophomore and swing this game.

I’ll go 28-24 PC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Absolutely, it’s X after all.  On paper I feel like PC is 7-14 points better but I could certainly see X winning this game.

There will be 10-20 total D1, 2, & 3, kids on the field in this one.  Clifford vs Lorenzo Styles is gonna be a whale of a matchup.  Styles younger brother Alex a sophomore, is the wildcard for me.  Ohio State offered him after his first varsity game in August.  He’s likely to end up a a National recruit in football and basketball.  I’d love to see him step up as young sophomore and swing this game.

I’ll go 28-24 PC.

Was Styles a ND kid all way? Ohio State's been eating up receiver prospects lately, plus his dad's a former Buckeye and Jr's right in their back yard. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, a kid like that is an automatic for OSU.

Maybe Ohio State's recruiting at that position nudged him out of state? As an Irish fan, I'm glad to see him headed to South Bend.

22 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Was Styles a ND kid all way? Ohio State's been eating up receiver prospects lately, plus his dad's a former Buckeye and Jr's right in their back yard. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, a kid like that is an automatic for OSU.

Maybe Ohio State's recruiting at that position nudged him out of state? As an Irish fan, I'm glad to see him headed to South Bend.

OSU wanted him at DB, he wants to play WR.  It was a clean breakup between them, no hard feelings at all.  Wish they could have worked something out but I think OSU is the front runner for Alex.

• Thanks 1