Whitley Co. 67 Williamsburg 55

The game went about as I expected although both teams were very physical, much more than I expected. I think the physicalness of the game hurt Williamsburg more, as Whitley had more players to throw out on the floor.

Not only was there a lid on the basket at times but someone greased the ball up as neither team could hold onto it

I agree Apex! The ball was not controlled well either. But on a bright note both of these teams have some very good young talent. The Crawford kid will be a big plus underneath for Whitley along with others such as Ben Prewitt, Lebanion to name a couple. On Williamsburg end they have kids like

Teague, Cunningham, Taylor, Pettit, and Conlin along with others. I see much brighter days ahead for these two teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Williamsburg and Whitley both have several talented young players that are often overlooked for the more publicized young South Laurel and Corbin players. In the next couple of years, I think the these 4 teams will be much more even and much more competitive. Lebanion and Prewitt from Whitley County are great young players that will only continue to improve. Teague from Williamsburg is a 6'6 sophomore with excellent potential, Pettit and Taylor are talented Freshman. Crawford, Manns, and Johnson from Corbin are great players but there are others in the area that are sometimes overlooked.

I agree. Williamsburg and Whitley both have several talented young players that are often overlooked for the more publicized young South Laurel and Corbin players. In the next couple of years, I think the these 4 teams will be much more even and much more competitive. Lebanion and Prewitt from Whitley County are great young players that will only continue to improve. Teague from Williamsburg is a 6'6 sophomore with excellent potential, Pettit and Taylor are talented Freshman. Crawford, Manns, and Johnson from Corbin are great players but there are others in the area that are sometimes overlooked.

I agree. The district will see better overall level of play in the years to come. It will be interesting to see which kids and teams get better and which stay at the same level. I like this Isaac Wilson kid at Corbin alot as well. He seems to put the Hounds in another gear at times.

I went to the Willamsburg vs. Whitley game and it was ugly..I think I saw Coach Mike Deaton get his towel again just like old times at Corbin..if only that towel could talk.

Brighter days will come for both teams as for Whitley, Lebanion and Prewitt are very talented guards and even the Powers kid isnt a bad player he needs to get a little quicker and then he could hang with Lebanion and Prewitt..

Willamsburg has a lot of young talent as well the Cunningham kid could be a flat out player with a little work..same for the Taylor kid..

It will get better for the 50th District in a year or two.