2020 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

theguru

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotta wonder if Cooper and CovCath don't end up being the two teams that play in the NKY freshman championship. Cooper and CCH are both 5-0 and judging from the outcomes of both teams' games against Beechwood, they look pretty evenly pitted against one another. CCH still has Boone and Ryle to play, and Cooper has Campbell and SK left.

Cooper 36 Conner 6
Cooper 37 Boone 8
Cooper 26 Ryle 0
Cooper 24 Dixie 20
Cooper 28 Beechwood 14

CovCath 29 Campbell County 27 (Triple OT)
CovCath 44 Simon Kenton 16
CovCath 13 Highlands 6
CovCath 33 Beechwood 14
CovCath 44 Conner 0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

What has Campbell done this season? They played well in the first game of the year against CovCath.

The only thing I've found for Campbell are these three:

Campbell County 27 CovCath 29 (Triple OT)
Campbell County 43 Conner 0
Campbell County 13 Ryle 14

23 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Top 5 look to be Cov Cath, Cooper, Highlands, Dixie, Beechwood. 

Dixie I believe is more of a froshmore team, but their QB Brach Rice who is a freshman is a stud. 

Both Campbell and Ryle also have good teams. I would probably have both Campbell and Ryle ahead of Beechwood. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Dixie I believe is more of a froshmore team, but their QB Brach Rice who is a freshman is a stud. 

Both Campbell and Ryle also have good teams. I would probably have both Campbell and Ryle ahead of Beechwood. 

Interesting. I heard the Beechwood game against Cooper was a tight game till Cooper scored a couple late touchdowns. Cooper beat Ryle 26-0 and you think Ryle is better than Beechwood?

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Interesting. I heard the Beechwood game against Cooper was a tight game till Cooper scored a couple late touchdowns. Cooper beat Ryle 26-0 and you think Ryle is better than Beechwood?

I was at the Beechwood and Ryle game. Cooper was down 6 starters against Beechwood. Due to a soccer game, it was also only 8 minute quarters against Beechwood in the rain. So a lot of running led to a quick game.  Cooper only had two possessions in the first half and scored on one. Then scored on their first three possessions in the second half. Cooper for the game only had 5 possessions not counting the one running play they got to get to half time, and the kneel down to end the game. Out of those 5 possessions Cooper scored on 4 of them. It was 28 to 6 when Beechwood scored a late touchdown with a minute left with their starters, against Coopers second string. 

So the final score may not show it.  However, after seeing both teams. I would say Ryle is the better of the two. 

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

I was at the Beechwood and Ryle game. Cooper was down 6 starters against Beechwood. Due to a soccer game, it was also only 8 minute quarters against Beechwood in the rain. So a lot of running led to a quick game.  Cooper only had two possessions in the first half and scored on one. Then scored on their first three possessions in the second half. Cooper for the game only had 5 possessions not counting the one running play they got to get to half time, and the kneel down to end the game. Out of those 5 possessions Cooper scored on 4 of them. Beechwood scored a late touchdown with a minute left with their starters, against Coopers second string. 

So the final score may not show it.  However, after seeing both teams. I would say Ryle is the better of the two. 

Gotcha. Someone had told me it was something like 14-6 in the second half and then Cooper scored two fourth quarter touchdowns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Gotcha. Someone had told me it was something like 14-6 in the second half and then Cooper scored two fourth quarter touchdowns.

As quick as the game went with 8 minute quarters and lots of running the ball. It may have been at the start of the fourth quarter when Cooper scored their second td of the second half. Cooper got the ball to start the second half and went down to score to make it 16 to 0. Beechwood did then make it 16 to 6. Then Cooper went back down and scored again. Cooper only had the ball for 3 possessions in the second half, and scored touchdowns on all three. Then their fourth possession was kneeling it to end the game. 

So it was one of those games, where I think most would say the game was never really in doubt. Since, Beechwood showed they really couldn’t stop Cooper. As Cooper basically only had 5 possessions in the game and scored touchdowns on 4 of them.