2020 NKY Frosh Football Scores & Rankings

theguru

1 hour ago, Sportsguy10 said:

I have seen Cov Cath several times and Ryle some clips. Also like games/Competition. 
Obviously weather will be a factor but I see Cov Cath winning big. Score 35 to 6.

I would be very surprised if CovCath wins by that type of score. CovCath is obviously the favorite, but I wouldn't be a surprised at all if Ryle wins it tonight. This is the best team CovCath has seen since their earlier games against Campbell and Highlands. While Ryle has already played four games against the other top teams in NKY in playing Highlands twice, Cooper, and Campbell. 

So CovCath may win, but I would be surprised if it is by that type of margin regardless of the weather. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really am leaning towards agreeing with @futurecoach.  I like Ryle.  The second Highlands game got away from them early allowing a kickoff return and then some unfortunate turnovers.   They don't really have an explosive offense, but they have a couple kids that run hard, and that #2 is fun to watch.   

We'll see what factor the weather ends up playing, but I think it could be a closer, grind it out type game.   I'd lean CovCath for sure, but I would be surprised if it was a blowout.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I would be very surprised if CovCath wins by that type of score. CovCath is obviously the favorite, but I wouldn't be a surprised at all if Ryle wins it tonight. This is the best team CovCath has seen since their earlier games against Campbell and Highlands. While Ryle has already played four games against the other top teams in NKY in playing Highlands twice, Cooper, and Campbell. 

So CovCath may win, but I would be surprised if it is by that type of margin regardless of the weather. 

The only game result posted in this thread where Ryle was competitive with the top teams was Campbell County. The other scores posted all show Ryle getting beat by 3 or 4 TD's against the better teams. Right now that Ryle Campbell County score looks like a fluke.

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

The only game result posted in this thread where Ryle was competitive with the top teams was Campbell County. The other scores posted all show Ryle getting beat by 3 or 4 TD's against the better teams. Right now that Ryle Campbell County score looks like a fluke.

The Ryle Highlands game to start off the year was a 13 to 6 ball game with one minute remaining. Then Highlands broke off a 70 yard touchdown to get the final margin of 20 to 6. Now Ryle did get beat by a bigger margin against Cooper and Highlands the second go around. Then obviously Ryle beat Campbell who took Covcath to triple overtime and who then beat an undefeated Cooper team. 

So yes while Ryle has shown they can be inconsistent. They also have shown they can play right there with some of these teams. 

Either way I guess we will see in a few hours. If Ryle is more Competitive against CovCath than apparently you and others may think. 

On 10/27/2020 at 2:42 PM, Sportsguy10 said:

More details to come this week but I believe (don’t hold me accountable) it’s Rebels Froshmore team. Doesn’t make much sense because  that was not a good game the first time around with eight minute quarters. But like I said more details to come.

Cov Cath has added a freshman game against Boone County to their list of broadcasts. Game is on Saturday, Nov 7th at 11:30am.

Just now, 4th&1 said:

Running game will be huge tonight. Will Giesler be playing for CovCath?

My understanding was that Geisler was on the sideline for the varsity game against Conner last week with a jersey on over his street clothes. His name is included in the varsity roster on Hudl. I guess we'll find out for sure tonight which team he's practicing with.

For what it's worth, the game (as with all Cov Cath home games) will be livestreamed tonight through the Colonel Athletic Network page on the school's website if anyone is interested to watch. It's $10 to stream tonight's game only, or it's included with the $30 season pass if anyone has purchased that previously.

Cam is not practicing with the freshman. Their is one change at RB with Carter out. Josh Flood will rotate with Owen Leen. Two very tough runners. 
that’s a huge difference from the first three games:

1) CCH beat offensive lineman (Seth J) was out

2) coach’s where still trying to figure out the RB situation and split the touch’s with Owen Leen and Charlie D. That was not a great idea. Owen should get the majority of handoffs. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sportsguy10 said:

I have seen Cov Cath several times and Ryle some clips. Also like games/Competition. 
Obviously weather will be a factor but I see Cov Cath winning big. Score 35 to 6.

The second half is just starting and so far it is mostly CCH and they are up 10 to 0.