Kentucky 24 Mississppi State 2

16thBBall Fan

Just now, John Anthony said:

Just how bad is LSU?

Good win for the Cats!  The meat of the schedule is upcoming, great confidence booster.

Last year a virtually invincible team that would have to play an NFL team to lose to an SEC bottom dweller.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final its nice to finally get one in the win column. The Cats defense had 6 interceptions that is probably a record.

Sadly that's not a record as the Cats had 7 INTs against Florida in a game in 1993 but still managed to lose somehow.

I can't lie. When they got the safety to make it 14 to 2, I said to my wife "Great, we are going to lose 16-14!" I figured they'd get a quick strike TD and score another in the last minute to beat us. I guess as a UK Fan that feeling is just ingrained in us...LOL

I hate to find the negative in a win, but our defense had 6 receptions, and our offense had 8 receptions. I believe on the broadcast one of the announcers said something to the effect that it doesn't make sense that QB is the only position that if somebody is having a bad day you don't rotate somebody else in. I'm not saying take the job completely away from Terry, but after what I saw in the first game and this one (he looked good in the 2nd game), I feel like you have to give Allen or Gatewood some in-game reps to see what they can do. No reason Terry should have been in the game if he could only complete 8 passes.