Bengals Offensive Line Fixes?

No one expected much out of this line and they have under performed those low expectations so far. What are some realistic fixes the Bengals can do for this season? Anything?  From what I've seen I'm ready to ask Dave Lapham to come out of retirement. Even at his age, he can do better than what we have put at right guard so far.

32 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Their technique is horrible.  To their credit, they are very polite as they all wave to the defensive linemen and linebackers as they go by.  Even Williams at LT has been very bad.

They also do a nice job reaching out and holding the defender to make sure they are able to say hello if the defender ran by them too fast.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, theguru said:

Nothing against AJ Green but if there are any takers for him in return for a solid tackle I would make the trade ASAP. 

I'm still hoping for the best for Green that what we see is truly rust.  We need to remember that he still continues to draw the stud showdown corners on the other teams.  We have been spoiled in the past by his ability to outrun and outleap most defenders (even the best ones).  Now they seem to be younger and he is older and, hopefully, just a temporary shell of his former self.  Currently, he is very ordinary (which is not what we need from Green).

7 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I'm still hoping for the best for Green that what we see is truly rust.  We need to remember that he still continues to draw the stud showdown corners on the other teams.  We have been spoiled in the past by his ability to outrun and outleap most defenders (even the best ones).  Now they seem to be younger and he is older and, hopefully, just a temporary shell of his former self.  Currently, he is very ordinary (which is not what we need from Green).

I don't believe AJ is in our future plans so I would like to see him go somewhere that has another number one and us end up with some better pass protection.  And I will always root for AJ no matter where he lands. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Nothing against AJ Green but if there are any takers for him in return for a solid tackle I would make the trade ASAP. 

Trent Williams was on the trading block for over a year and very affordable.  If the Bengals were going to trade for a lineman, they would have gone after him. No trade is going to happen. JOAT's suggestion is what we have to hope for. What potential offensive linemen are on practice squads?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Trent Williams was on the trading block for over a year and very affordable.  If the Bengals were going to trade for a lineman, they would have gone after him. No trade is going to happen. JOAT's suggestion is what we have to hope for. What potential offensive linemen are on practice squads?

I am going to hold out hope VoR.

• Like 1

Not trying to be negative here, but AJ could get us a 3rd or 4th round draft pick if we were lucky.  Ross may find himself out of football soon unless he learns how to catch the ball and get open.  Offense linemen on practice squads are probably no different than what we have now on the Bengals main roster.  What we want are backups on other teams' rosters (which, of course, are unavailable because they provide depth to those teams).  The Bengals are not in a real good position at this point.