Bengals Offensive Line Fixes?

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I heard Willie Anderson talking the other night about offensive line play and he made some really good points. The most pertinent point to this discussion were his comments about how much he relied on the guards next to him. For someone like Williams who is still trying to figure it out and doesn't have a good and/or experienced guard next to him either, the challenge is even more significant.  The same is true for Bobby Hart.  I am not defending him but pointing out that he is not getting any help at all from the guard playing next to him which makes him look even worse.

Dave Lapham often talks about how offensive line play is like making a fist. All 5 parts have to work together to have really good line play.  Williams is good enough that we know he is a building block and Trey Hopkins looks solid.  The Bengals have to find competent guards to add in. Add those pieces and the line as a whole will improve a lot even if they aren't pro bowl quality. They just need to be competent.

One more thing I will add is Zac Taylor has to recognize who his line is and build schemes around who they are. He can't build game plans the way he really wants to as if he had a good line, and ignore the fact that his line can't protect the quarterback. If that means more 2 tight end sets, that's what he has to do if this offensive line can't perform better.

I agree with this, Taylor has got to figure out some schemes to help the O line.  Just read on the Bengals website where our O line coach said Hart is playing the best of his career!!  I’m like a few others on here, starting to have doubts about some of these coaches!!

I just heard a stat on Colin Cowherd that Burrow had been sacked 14 times so far this season and knocked down 30 times in 3 games. Andrew Luck had the record or had tied it a few years back with 41 sacks for a season. We see where that got him. Then they said that at the current pace Joe Burrow is on pace to be sacked 75 times this season.:classic_huh:

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I just heard a stat on Colin Cowherd that Burrow had been sacked 14 times so far this season and knocked down 30 times in 3 games. Andrew Luck had the record or had tied it a few years back with 41 sacks for a season. We see where that got him. Then they said that at the current pace Joe Burrow is on pace to be sacked 75 times this season.:classic_huh:

The record for being sacked in a season is 76 which happened to David Carr in 2002.

You guys are so far off.  There's no way Burrow ends up with the record for most sacks in a season, rookie or otherwise.  Won't even be close.

He'll end up with a broken collarbone or separated shoulder by game 8 anyway and will spend the second half of the season standing nice and upright on the sideline...in a sling.

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

You guys are so far off.  There's no way Burrow ends up with the record for most sacks in a season, rookie or otherwise.  Won't even be close.

He'll end up with a broken collarbone or separated shoulder by game 8 anyway and will spend the second half of the season standing nice and upright on the sideline...in a sling.

... and is never the same again when he returns to the Bengals after the injury.  He then becomes a Patriot as the successor to Cam Newton and goes on to win 4 Super Bowls and is elected on the first ballot to the NFL Hall of Fame.  That is some crystal ball that you have! 🤪

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Do the Green Bay Packers have an offensive lineman of any value that we could get for John Ross? The Packers just lost another receiver to injury. They have no wide receivers for Aaron Rodgers to throw to.

Rodgers could probably throw to my dead grandmother and get 300 yards per game.