Ballard vs. Frederick Douglass (Predictions/Updates)

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ballard
    • Frederick Douglass

6A #6 Ballard (1-0) will host 5A #3 Frederick Douglass (0-1) at 11:00 AM Saturday. This game was put together at last minute due to other game cancellations. Ballard is coming off shut out of Fern Creek. Frederick Douglass coming off 2 point loss to North Hardin. Does Frederick Douglass get back in win column or does Ballard show they are for real this year and go to 2-0?

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Glad Douglass found a game. Its also a bonus because it should be a much better game for them I feel than Dunbar would have been since they did not want to play at all.

What am I missing? Did Douglas reach out to Dunbar to play when their game got cancelled with Great Crossing?

35 minutes ago, Cobraxx said:

What am I missing? Did Douglas reach out to Dunbar to play when their game got cancelled with Great Crossing?

Yes even offered to come back to Dunbar again this year. They were scheduled to play on Sept.11 but they cancelled that one as well. They are having senior night tomorrow night with no other team. So Douglass is now traveling to Ballard.

Douglass could have just as easily won against a top 2-3 team in 6A North Hardin.  The untimely INTs were the demise, but the coaches are doing the right thing by sticking with the pass rather than just run the ball and play defense and keep notching victories (Captain Obvious).  FD is still the favorite to win it all and are loaded.  Once the new QB settles in and starts working the ball to Crowdus and Key more efficiently, it will only open it up for Neal.  If they stay healthy it will be hard for anyone to hang.   

FD 35-7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NLTanker1 said:

How are JCPS handling fans/ crowd size? I'd like to go to this game.

From the JCPS Athletics Update circulated on Sept 3...

"Attendance at any event is at the collaborative discretion of the host school and the local health officials. JCPS has decided to have venues at no more than 20% capacity to start."

• Like 2