Brewers at Reds 9/21-9/23

2 hours ago, nkypete said:

I wish we could move up the seeding list as far as possible.  It would be nice to miss the Dodgers and Cubs in the first round.

The sixth spot seems ideal but there aren’t many good options. Fifth you play the Padres, eighth the Dodgers. Sixth or seventh means Braves or Cubs, but they’re in a battle right now so it’s hard know if you’re better in sixth or in seventh. 

On 9/21/2020 at 10:39 PM, Mustang said:

This :"accomplishment" achieved with 10 games with Pittsburgh, two gifts from old Chicken Wing with the Chicago Cubs, and a Chicago White Sox team, obviously on cruise control after already clinching their playoff berth. 

It is what it is.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I guess!

You sure do have some good spin sometimes haha

4 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

You sure do have some good spin sometimes haha

I guess I'm simply longing for some legitimacy.

The same people who created the Kentucky State High School Football playoffs, must have designed the MLB playoffs.  How a team that has been this abysmal this season is in ANY playoff discussion is a travesty.

Earn  something legitimately and we will be all in.  I just hate to see folks buy into this sham.  I guess it is a sign of just how desperate the fans in this city are. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sumoroyal said:

I just wish the Reds could generate some offense that is not a home run.  Had several chances last night.  Shogun hs to play. Senseless and Goodwin does not deserve anymore playing time.  Let's go Reds!!!!!!!

Agree completely Sumo, pinch hitting Goodwin instead of Shogo was dumb, BUT, we’ve pretty much come to expect that from Mr. Rogers!!  Platooning Goodwin and Senzel is just as dumb, Senzel needs to be everyday centerfielder with Goodwin giving him AN OCCASIONAL day off, but Mr. Rogers likes those little league rules, everybody has to bat and play the field!!!

With all that said I think tonight’s game could pretty much be a must win for us, let’s see if we can stand up and take it!!!

4 hours ago, Mustang said:

I guess I'm simply longing for some legitimacy.

The same people who created the Kentucky State High School Football playoffs, must have designed the MLB playoffs.  How a team that has been this abysmal this season is in ANY playoff discussion is a travesty.

Earn  something legitimately and we will be all in.  I just hate to see folks buy into this sham.  I guess it is a sign of just how desperate the fans in this city are. 

I hear ya and agree about it being easier to get into the playoffs this year. But people crap on this team all the time for not playing with fight or like they care. Sure seems like they care the last couple of weeks. Been fun for a change. Just enjoy it.

Even if they lose the first round of playoffs, the last couple weeks have been pretty enjoyable, at least they should be for Reds fans.