Brewers at Reds 9/21-9/23

9 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Bauer getting out of that 6th, man that was fun to watch. 

YES, he was fired up, this team needs somebody to show them the way on the that, it was fun!!!  They asked him after the game if he thought he would win the CyYoung, “Don’t see how you could see it any other way” was his response, LOVED IT!!!  Should win the Cy Young, big, big win!!!

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

YES, he was fired up, this team needs somebody to show them the way on the that, it was fun!!!  They asked him after the game if he thought he would win the CyYoung, “Don’t see how you could see it any other way” was his response, LOVED IT!!!  Should win the Cy Young, big, big win!!!

The guy could play on my team any day of the week.  Gamer in the truest sense of the word.  He will get the ball on Sunday to hopefully wrap up a playoff spot.

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I thought his response was refreshing.  

I know we are donning Bauer as the leader of this organization, but we were all saying the same thing about Sonny Gray before his injury when he was on fire.  It's great having two guys that are showing leadership and fire.  Hopefully they finish strong in Minnesota.

Very cool of the team to all thank the Grounds Crew after last night's game.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Won't happen.  Darvish has got this locked up.  Don't care what anyone else says.  Large market over small...check. (deGrom will steal some votes due to this as well).  Division winning team over also-ran...check.  7-3 record over 5-4 record...check.  Strikeout totals pretty close, and ERA's less than a half-run different.  This is a slam dunk in favor of Darvish.  People think of Bauer, and are still in the mode of "what's wrong with this guy?"  Yu Darvish - 2020 NL Cy Young Winner.  Guaranteed.  Right it down.  Book it.  No way Bauer wins it.  No chance. Zip.  Zero.  Nada.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Won't happen.  Darvish has got this locked up.  Don't care what anyone else says.  Large market over small...check. (deGrom will steal some votes due to this as well).  Division winning team over also-ran...check.  7-3 record over 5-4 record...check.  Strikeout totals pretty close, and ERA's less than a half-run different.  This is a slam dunk in favor of Darvish.  People think of Bauer, and are still in the mode of "what's wrong with this guy?"  Yu Darvish - 2020 NL Cy Young Winner.  Guaranteed.  Right it down.  Book it.  No way Bauer wins it.  No chance. Zip.  Zero.  Nada.  

Why don't you tell us how you really feel.😀  You are correct that he will finish ahead of Bauer. However I don;t think by any means he is a slam duck to win the award. You might want to tale a look at Shane Bieber of Cleveland. He has a better record, 34 more strikeouts, a lot better era (1.63, 2.22). He very well may win but I think a person can make a very good argument for Bieber.

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

Good try but I don't think it's going to work this time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel.😀  You are correct that he will finish ahead of Bauer. However I don;t think by any means he is a slam duck to win the award. You might want to tale a look at Shane Bieber of Cleveland. He has a better record, 34 more strikeouts, a lot better era (1.63, 2.22). He very well may win but I think a person can make a very good argument for Bieber.

Yes, Bieber would be the leader...in the American League.  Honestly, Bauer probably won't even make the top 3, or heck, maybe even not top 4, in the NL.  Darvish, Fried and Kershaw will all be at the top of everybody's list...mainly because where their team finished.  Toss in some east coast bias for deGrom, and Trevor doesn't stand a chance of wading through all of that.